RELEASED Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

1. Houyami

Houyami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you guys have the same mod setup as well as the same mod installation procedure?

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Most likely not. Will try vanilla and work our way up. Maybe that will fix it.

Is there a list of known mod conflicts anywhere?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Houyami

Houyami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Afaik no, all I know is if you dont have the same mod setup and most installation procedure it will most likely have issues.

• spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

CJB - Known, don't use it. :p I'm not sure why it does it, I haven't looked into it. Zoryn's movement mod does it as well, although that mod can be fixed by turning the diagonal thing off in the config file.

Harp of Yoba - Yeah, custom items are a no-no at the moment. :p I'd like to get both EntoaroxFramework items and CustomElementHandler items working at some point (the former would be easier), but I've got other things to rewrite before I do that.

The last thing... Uh, I don't have the slightest clue what went on there. Let me know if you can reliably reproduce it.
          That's a new one. Let me know if the syncing mods and stuff doesn't fix it.

Hmm.. Are you sure this is multiplayer related? Did you by chance install an audio mod of any kind?

• spacechase0

Nothing to do with syncing. I'm fairly certain that audio mod is outdated though. It tried to play a new-ish sound effect (you said Shane's 8-heart, right?), but an out-dated audio mod wouldn't have had it. Boom, crash.

• vikram031

vikram031 Space Hobo

The mod won't open but the trainer mod is still working, happened to both me and my friend on windows 10. Here is the log.
              [19:59:48 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.14.1 with Stardew Valley 1.2.30 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
              [19:59:48 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
              [19:59:48 DEBUG SMAPI] Preparing SMAPI...
              [19:59:48 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
              Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
              Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198251672636 [API loaded no]
              [19:59:51 DEBUG SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
              [19:59:56 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
              [19:59:56 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
              [19:59:56 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Makeshift Multiplayer by spacechase0, v0.3.6 | Multiplayer test
              [19:59:56 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Trainer Mod by SMAPI, v1.14.1 | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
              [19:59:56 INFO Makeshift Multiplayer] Loading Config
              [19:59:56 WARN SMAPI] Makeshift Multiplayer used GameEvents.LoadContent, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.10. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
              [19:59:56 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 2 mods.
              [19:59:56 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
              [19:59:56 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
              [19:59:56 INFO Makeshift Multiplayer] Initializing Steam integration...

• Miscanadian

Miscanadian Aquatic Astronaut

I'm experiencing the bug where the floor of the client's upgraded house reverts to default every morning and the client does not wake up in their bed.

Also if the client falls alseep before the host, usually the client's lighting is left to what they fell asleep at (night time at 6am)

The host is on a Mac and the client is on windows.

Bigger problem:
                Now we're getting another problem. After we had an issue where we both went to bed and the day did not continue, we had to close both our games. Now we cannot connect to each other properly. No error. Either we both load but we are not actually connected (playing the same world but can't effect each other) Or we both get stuck on the loading screen because the host can't load the world with no error.

Edit: we were able to connect after we both loaded the saves as single player and saved to the next day.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
                • spacechase0

You need to load a save file first. And next time, please upload the log file as an attachment, or put the full thing onto pastebin.

I thought #1 was fixed. #2 has been reported. #3... is weird. Glad you got it working.

In the future, please upload your log file somewhere and let me have a look at it when you encounter a bug (especially for that last one).

• Miscanadian

Sorry, I should have saved the console. I didn't see any errors so I though it might've been a problem with one of our computers. Although if someone else gets the problem, they can know how to fix it and probably upload their log file.

The last lines in our console/terminal was 1)the client had finished loading and 2) the host had stopped listening but didn't or couldn't finish loading which lead to both of us hanging on the loading screen.

• spacechase0

The console is a bit different. It may not have everything. I mean this.

• Miscanadian

Oh! I don't think we got any errors after we fixed that problem so this latest error log should still be correct? i'm not 100% sure though.

Attached Files:

• SkullTraill

SkullTraill Orbital Explorer

Absolutely awesome work dude. If you could fix the CJB issue it would be much appreciated.

• Yober

Yober Space Hobo

I tried to host a game for me and my friend. I had him join earlier today as a test and it worked fine but now i made a new character and world and tried to get him to join and it just instantly crashed my game multiple times. please help.

Attached Files:

• AngeFoxx

AngeFoxx Space Hobo

Hey. i need help and i don't know what to do, my friend can't connect to me

Attached Files:

• Sotaeko

Sotaeko Phantasmal Quasar

Haven't been able to connect via discovery lan or direct ip connections.

Attached Files:

• Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

I'm also having issues same as above.

Attached Files:

• CoverArtist

CoverArtist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having LOADS of issues with this release.
                                    A) House upgrades do not cross between saves, even if they are in game during the whole build. And if they try to buy it in single, once in multiplayer it erases the build.
                                    B ) http://prntscr.com/g0twjw <- Jojo mart replaced the community center when no one offered it.
                                    B 2) the glittering rock event triggered above I believe, as only one of the three players got the pan and can use it.
                                    C) If someone lays down while you're in the skull mine, you turn invincible and cannot move/time does not pass.

• OooOoOn

OooOoOn Void-Bound Voyager

Any way to modify it so that both players share the house and not have separate instances of it?

• Soltanis

Soltanis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Only problem I am having is clients spawning in the wall if client has a the second house upgrade and host does not.

I don't know if it fixes itself once the host upgrades.

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would this work with the longevity mod taxes module? I mean, if each player is running it doesn't that mean that the wallet will be multi deducted taxes for each player?