Modding Discussion Make your own NPC?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Orion and Dog, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any guides out there on how to make non-replacing NPCs? Thanks in advance!

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

noppity nop nope.

• Orion and Dog

Gee thanks

December_Slate likes this.
        • VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

there was a mod that can do this. It's outdated though. Flo or Florence mod. I don't remember. Maybe you can check how the modder did it.

• Orion and Dog

Alright, I'll check it out, thanks.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I've been wanting to create a new NPC, but I need artwork, dialogue, etc...

Orion and Dog likes this.
              • Orion and Dog

Ah, I could probably manage do artwork and dialogue, but I don't have any experience with moding beyond basic XNB editing.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

That would be my job :)
                  However, I have to close out some current projects before I take up new ones.

• Orion and Dog

I can wait! C: Take your time and we can discuss it when you're ready.

• sisypheanburden

sisypheanburden Void-Bound Voyager

If you ever do move forward with adding new NPCs to the game, I'd also like to be part of that team. I've been working on a custom NPC, myself. I'm definitely not a pixel artist, but I get by, and I am a writer so dialogue poses no issue! Otherwise, I'm going to try to muddle it out myself... and that's just bad news for everyone. X3
                      Beth.png
                      I really love character building, so that kind of project would be right up my alley. c:

Junesong and HopeWasHere like this.
                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The largest issue is giving the NPC a place to be.

Story writing, artwork, and even the code behind it all is straight forward.
                        I'm no map editor (I supposed I could do it, but It isn't in my time frame), and the town is limited as is.

I'm sure there is a clever way to handle all of this, and in sometime, I'll probably figure something out.

@sisypheanburden I love the look btw :)

Edit: Join in on my discord server sometime and we can setup some ideas/plans... (https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w)

• G00ps

G00ps Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Afraid I'd be of no help since I have like no experience in programming aside from some super basic xnb editing :s Keep me updated though! This sounds amazing and I'd love to learn from this :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017