Modding Help Make Weapon Craftable (T1) - And Related Issues (Solved)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ImHereForTheMods, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The .modinfo file is an old format of the _metadata file, you don't need it, second those are only to describe the mod itself, you only need one

The "script / method :" you tried to use will indeed make everything available to be crafted, since it says "hey you you can craft this now". That's nothing strange

You mention 50 player.config patches, what? Patches are only read and applied when their equivalent-in-name-and-position-in-file-architecture asset is found, how can you have 50 player.config patches? Or are you talking about the operations within your player.config.patch file?

Everything seems to be working for me? I had the recipe on my avian test character (so obviously picking up the iron ore didn't learned me the recipe since I knew it), and upon crafting the tier 1 hammer, I got the tier 2 hammer recipe unlocked, same with the dagger, so I expect same with everything else.

You're trying to craft it on an ironanvil, right?

Also note that, by adding learnBlueprintsOnPickup on the iron ore, any other class will learn the recipes too

What you should maybe do instead, to "tier" it, would be to do as the game already does (and did), make each weapon only craftable on a craft station of a certain tier.

The "consumeOnPickup" thingy I mentionned in there ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/make-weapon-tiered-dagger-mod-solved.129962/ ) won't work because you indeed can only have one output for recipes. So if you want a streamlined progression you'd have to make a custom quest script (luaaaa), started by "pickupQuestTemplates" from the weapons mebbi

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

You took what I said a little far, if everything is in defaultblueprint/tier1 then they are going to show up by default. I'd say how to fix right now, but I'm messaging from my phone at work. Sorry.

3. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you so much for all that useful info! You see, how I had it set up, I was making each weapon one by one, and copying the previous weapon as the base for he next, in the first weapon, I had a modinfo and player.config, so all the others then did too. I have now changed that, and cleaned it up, and it works a LOT better. Thank you.

Yes, the whole tiered system works, and crafting, survival, and creative. I was just trying to get the ironore, on pickup to learn the recipie of aviantier1daggerbasic, etc. Was rather frustrated with that not working even though, the code showed it was supposed to work. But I guess I can live without it. The recipies already work anyway. So that's all good. Maybe I'm just making a bigger deal of this than it is... ha..

Yes, I crafted on iron anvil as well.

Good to know about that that consumeOnPickup won't work though, I would've messed about with that for hours before realizing it doesn't work. =P

I think I'll just leave it as is then, as I don't know much about lua. Most likely another species wouldn't get a hold of any of the avian weapons, unless they really want to, which I guess if they want to, I guess that's fine. It shouldn't wreck the whole racial / tiered thing. Most likely only way a human could get it (for example) is if another avian player gave the human player the weapon.

So, I'll live with it I guess, thank you so much though for your help, time and patience when dealing with me. I can be a bit clueless at times (am a bit of a noob). =P

I didn't mean to take it too far.. hah.. was just testing it to see if it'd work mostly.
    That's alright, I've decided to leave it alone, for now.

Thanks though, for the help! (Everyone) !

Probably won't be long before I need more though, so be warned... =P

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The "pickup to learn the recipe" does work, you can try to pop an ore on a non-avian character and they'll learn the recipe. Avians don't learn it because they already know it.

You'd have quickly known as the recipe would simply not show up in the list (itried)

5. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, well good to know, thanks!
    I think I prefer the tiered system working to having it craftable all the way just by avians, so will probably just leave that as-is.

Hmm, well, I guess if I would have tried, I would have known, that if I did try, I would have known quicker than I thought I would have known, how quick I thought I would have known as opposed to if I had not tried. Or... something.
    Phew... that's hard to say... and confusing.. ha...

Anyways, thank you once again!

Cyel likes this.