Major Space Races

Discussion in 'Other' started by TopHatRaptor, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TopHatRaptor

TopHatRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello peoples! It is TopHatRaptor! I just joined and I do say, this game looks like lots of fun. Cannot wait to play it! So here are some ideas I came up with. I searched around as much as I could, so sorry if this has already been discussed, but here I go!

Major Space Races:
    I'd like to see major space races in this game. Think Star Trek or Mass Effect. There are races you can just look at and say "Oh that's a (insert favorite race name here)!" I think it would be cool to see major space races in the game as well. Maybe races that fit certain archetypes (EG: Battle-hardened honor dudes, crazy money-obsessed guys, silent creatures that you're like :eek: whenever you see cuz they're just THAT cool.) so you can interact with them appropriately. For example, with the war-like species, you'd be better off talking about your grand battles then about the price of trillium. They'd definitely have to be aesthetically different so you can differentiate between that guy and this guy.

Let's take an example. You're flying through space and you meet up with the known Trader race. They say hi and ask you if you'd like to make a deal! They need some medical supplies and will give you 5,000 (in-game currency) if you have them! So you look through your cargo and you're like "AWWWW YEAH!!" cuz it just so happens you have what they need. So you walk away with a bunch of cash and stuff when suddenly the Warriors attack! Being warriors, they're like "Your great-great-grandfather killed my twice-removed cousin! I demand you engage me in (insert hard to pronounce battle ritual name here)!" So you transport over and there you go! You have to face the captain in hand-to-hand combat!

That's just an example. I think it would add to the game's diversity. What do you think?

2. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

YES! And, some races should have literal space races where they try to get spaceship technology first on their planet.

(Hi TopHat!)

3. TopHatRaptor

Haha thanks! I think just some major races would give the player some familiarity when traversing space. Just my idea.

4. Xegan Hive

Xegan Hive Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know I want certain npc races to interact with but I also think there should be relationships with them and you can become friends to an extent to them but also enemies just as easily.

5. TopHatRaptor

THIS!

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Maybe you can have a sort of "Relationship Meter" that determines how much one certain race likes you. Different races would respond on either side of the spectrum. For example, War race that hates you will attack, but on the flip side if they love you, they may give you a free weapon or something. Trade races that you've cheated or killed may raise prices or simply not trade with you at all, while on the other hand, if you've proved to be a good business partner, they may give you discounts.