Modding Discussion Mail Inventory

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Often when I get a letter including items or money I'll accidently hit the esc key or click outside of the message box without collecting its contents. A mailbox inventory would be mighty helpful!

ChiChain likes this.
    • ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler

Yes please, surprised there was not one to begin with to look back on old mails

xangria likes this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that CA uses the received mail memory for more then just mail... and the items are not actually attached to the mail internally, so while reading back on mail is possible, there is no easy way to know if you already collected the item attached or not.

• Androxilogin

Bummer.. Thanks for checking. :(

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It might be possible for a mod to loop through your mail at the beginning of the day, and add the items to a chest, but then you wouldnt know what item was attached to what mail, since the mail UI would need to be overridden to remove the attached items to prevent duping....

• Androxilogin

Would this mean it wouldn't briefly show in the left corner after acquiring the item as well?

• ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler

Maybe somehow mod it to where it only does it if a chest is 1square next to the postbox like behind it or at the side of it will put the items in there

• Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

• Androxilogin

• ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler