Magic's Many Fanarts

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by MagicallyClueless, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I think that Risu would be interested in the growing section of the Pokémon fandom that believes Aura can be used by humans to imitate Pokémon moves and do other things.

(Also, man, you just reminded me of Embers by Vathara.)

Also, if we're mentioning other Pokémon our Farmers would have, mine would probably have a Vulpix or Ninetails. <.<
    (-seriously needs to get the time to finish second chapter of own fic-)

Also, now I had the image of Jade with a bunch of Bellossum dancing around her.

MagicallyClueless, Risukage and Gabaw like this.
    • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

don't think you can get away with putting it off. just cuz it's in small text. I see it. anyway this whole Palletdew Valley thing has really taken off it seems. @MagicallyClueless bet you didn't know there were so many ardent fans here too :p

MagicallyClueless and Risukage like this.
      • Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

Heh, I played the first DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I've seen some of the (rather plausible) theories out there that pokemon are actually mutated humans or the like and all of that. It is intriguing, particularly because I followed the comics and other canon sources where people had very unusual abilities, like Sabrina, who is a rather potent Esper herself. The question is what Aura abilities would Lys have? Annnnd now I'm convinced that there is a Pokedew Valley alternate universe where Lys and Elliott accidentally raise a sizeable pack of Eevees because seriously, where the hell DO those eggs come from? It's probably safer for one's sanity to just not ask. (And yes, despite Elliott's continual reminders not to, he will always ask Taiyo, his Flareon companion, to light his cigarettes, because if you have a fire type you never need to carry lighters.)

MagicallyClueless and Alkanthe like this.
        • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Waaaaah Pokémon and SDV ... I'm in heaven.
          I've loved Pokémon ever since I was a little girl....well, I'm still only 1.60 metres but that's beside the point. ;)
          I adore them all. Your art is amazing. On another side note, my all time fav Pokémon is Psyduck. <3
          Keep on drawing @MagicallyClueless . Because of you, I dug out my old bamboo fun tablet. ;)
          Now I only need time to actually draw something.

Gabaw, Risukage, Alkanthe and 2 others like this.
          • Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I started drawing again too because of these forums. I have never had a tablet but I'm trying to talk my fiance into getting me one.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Awww, thank you so much <3 <3 And YESSSSSS DRAW! DOOO IITTT!
              I look forward to what you have!

Risukage, Megzzzx and lilly_ampleton like this.
              • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Just as a warning, Magics is comfortable with her tiny tablet cuz she's a pro and has been drawing with it for a long time. but as a beginner myself, I found the smaller tablets to be a lot harder to work with. if you can afford a medium sized one, I'd probably recommend it. so whatever she tells you, don't listen. she's too good. she does not understand us.

• Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Don't listen to me either I draw on a phone. :rofl:

Megzzzx, Gabaw and MagicallyClueless like this.
                  • MagicallyClueless

LMAO you flatter me dear sir

but yeah bigger tablets are prob way easier to work with

maybe one day i will have a cool big tablet

Gabaw likes this.
                    • Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

Right now I am drawing on my phone... LOL I won't get a tablet for a long time. I'm poor.

Alkanthe, MagicallyClueless and Gabaw like this.
                      • Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

I draw on ideas and inspirations!

Okay yeah, I'll just show myself out, then.

MagicallyClueless, Alkanthe and Gabaw like this.
                        • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

I died gg :rip:

Risukage likes this.
                          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Sort of devil advocate here: Monoprice has 10x 8.5 tablet for around 50 USA Dollars, last I checked. If you're willing to wait for sale seasons, I managed to get a 12x9 tablet for 50 USA Dollars. Maybe not the best tablets on the market (by which I mean they probably aren't the best for professional grade work...) but decently durable and sensitive. They've been rather cheerful about customer support few times I've contacted 'em, even replacing the pen when I was well past 3 months over the default warranty. I think I'm at year....three? With no major issues so far, knock on wood. I'll see if I can get the exact stats(?) up next time I'm up to getting it out of where I keep it.

(That said, in retrospect, if I'd known I was going to be bedridden as often as I am now, I might chosen a smaller one, ironically. Hard to make room for a laptop and a big tablet when you need pillows to be propped up some days, ahahaha.... :wut:)

Megzzzx, Dougl07, Gabaw and 2 others like this.
                            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Wouldn't normally make a double posts but for the sake of clarity, I'm putting the information I promised above in this separate post.

IMG_0419.JPG IMG_0420.JPG
                              IMG_0418.JPG

So, not sure if it's the kind of tablet that is perfect for what you want, but it makes a good starting tablet at the least- I would definitely recommend it over Wacom tablets though. I have a friend who used to use Wacom brand and they went through one almost every year- the only real benefit to the brand was cheap so they at least knew they'd be able to afford a replacement when the current one inevitably broke.

Megzzzx likes this.
                              • MagicallyClueless

I have no clue how all Wacom tablets are (despite them being the "popular" choice) but i WILL say again that my current Wacom tablet is about a decade old and I still use it and it works fine. There was one instance where the cord broke, but we got a new one and it hasn't really broken sense.

So it probably depends what you get. It's completely possible that they are more flimsy now, because I hear SO many horror stories about how fast they go through these expensive tablets.

Megzzzx likes this.
                                • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Hmm... Well, admittedly my friend was using one of the cheaper models and stopped using them a few years ago... but I've also heard plenty of horror stories on art sites about Wacom tablets tearing up at random, sometimes even arriving broken if the person ordered them from the company site... and the site not always replacing them. Still, I'll admit I cant personally comment on their durability or lack thereof - I can only pass along information I've gotten from other people.

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                                  • MagicallyClueless

reviiIIIIIVE!

i wanted to draw cute things so i did an age progression of sam and seb portrait-wise
                                    warning: extreme amount of headcanons

[​IMG]

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Aww, so cute! :D

Although I'm not sure they knew each other when they were very young, Sam's from the city after all.

• Villain_In_Glasses

Villain_In_Glasses Seal Broken

Shh-sh-sh-SHHHHH!

IF MAGICALLYCLUELESS DREW IT THEN IT MUST BE CANON!

MagicallyClueless and Gabaw like this.
                                        • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

haha so Seb did have an emo phase! Guessing probs 14-17 thereabouts. I like the touch with the family hair colors (sam colored like vincent and seb like robin) until Sam went full on vegeta :rofl: