1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Macrochip and Logic Upgrades V4.11

Virtual Circuitry

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK submitted a new mod:

Macrochip (Stable - Glad Giraffe) - Virtual Circuitry

MACROCHIP

The Macrochip is a virtual circuit board object, in which you can construct circuits of logic gates and other components and connect them through the Macrochips external Input and Output nodes to other objects with your trusty Matter Manipulator.

Interacting with it will bring up the Macrochips Console:...

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Sock_Bunny likes this.
  2. Storm_UK

3. LightSapfier

LightSapfier Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my god if it works it would be genius and MUST be added to the vanilla game

4. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

ok i'm going to be honest here. i have no clue what this does exactly just by reading the overview page. about the only idea i have is a slite mimic of computercraft from minecraft and if so, then this could be huge. still downloading just to test it out some.

5. Ansixilus

Ansixilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem the first: I've no clue how to acquire it in-game.
    Problem the second: when spawned via admin code, placing and interacting with the macrochip causes the game to crash.

6. Storm_UK

It should be available on the Wiring Station. What error does your starbound.log file throw up?

7. Ryan Draconis

Ryan Draconis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found a problem (And Solution) in the mod

In the recipe

"groups" : [ "craftingwiring", "logic" ]
    Needs to be changed to
    "groups" : [ "wiringstation", "logic" ]

Or it won't show up in the table. I've had my eye on this mod for awhile now and am glad it's on stable, but I was stumped as to why it wasn't working (I could spawn but not craft the items), and after some fiddling (And cross mod comparison) I found the problem and fix for it.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
    Also the items listed to craft it come up as perfectly generic items after the edit (All but the wire that is) I'll continue messing about with it to see if I can find the cause for that one. (Though I suspect those items simply just don't exist in game/the stable branch)

Followup:
    Yeah that seems to be it, "smallbattery" and "siliconboard" aren't in the game files. "circuitboard" and "laserdiode" are good replacements unless you want to add those other two items into your mod as craftables.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. Storm_UK

Ah, thanks Ryan! I guess those are also changes coming from Nightly to Stable in the future. I'll fix those momentarily.

9. Storm_UK

10. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Stable version? Yes! I can't wait to run entire airlocks with these things rather than a bunch of gates.(yes, i know the gates are still there, but this can compress all that wiring into one block rather than four or five.)

11. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Srry for double post, but I have a bug to report: for some reason my macro chips outputs aren't working. I hooked up all four outputs to a door, and none of them would work after wiring them up inside. Log here: http://pastebin.com/WPpJtqmJ

12. Storm_UK

Is that the right log file? my mod isn't listed in it and it's dated the 2016-02-18.

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Enable file extensions on Windows to find the correct log file - the one without numbers at the end of its name.

14. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

15. Storm_UK

Hmm, no errors being thrown up by macrochip in that log either, so no firm idea what the problem may be. I've nearly got another update ready though, so perhaps that will fix whatever ails it for you.

Try rewiring your components in your circuit within the macrochip is all I can suggest for the moment, knowing there was an error in my delete wire nodes functions that might throw some circuits out of whack.

16. Storm_UK

Storm_UK updated Macrochip (Stable - Glad Giraffe) with a new update entry:

Remote Nodes

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

*reads update notes* What?! Remote wiring? Maybe I can use these to get a signal out of the chips, if the issue I raised wasn't fixed in this. Still though, with no upper limit on inputs or outputs, this means someone smarter than me could probably build a computer inside one of these. Or at least run the logic for their entire base, with multiple airlocks, elevators, and whatever those fuel alchemy things are called, off of one chip. I really hope whatever issue I was having was fixed, because this is really exciting! I hope the Dev's will notice this!

18. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally got around to trying this out, and it's great! It's so much easier to wire stuff when you
    A - Can actually LABEL things, and
    B - Don't have to craft EVERY single switch you want to use separately.

I do have a few suggestions though.
    1 - Could we have an "Inspect" mode button like the "add part", "wire", and "delete" buttons? It kinda throws me sometimes that for three of the modes I can click an icon, yet for one I have to use a keyboard button.
    2 - Is it possible to have a way to click and drag individual pieces around the board, while maintaining their wiring connections? As it is, if you want to move a component you have to delete and remake it, and try to remember what it was wired to.
    3 - It would be really helpful to be able to put clickable buttons and switches on the board itself, so you could test what you're building in "real time" without having to close the chip menu, click a placed button, open the chip again and check the results. Besides, you could use it to build a really cool "command panel" that you could control lots of things from.

Either way, awesome mod! My automated airlock/elevator wiring looks much neater and doesn't need it's own room.

19. Storm_UK

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are finding the Macrochip useful. :)

As to the suggestions:

1. An Inspect mode button will be easy to add - I'll include that in next update. Just need to do the graphics.
    2. Moving components is something that I have been considering. It is doable, but will need some work script wise. I want to make it possible to move and add 'grey' wire nodes to a wire as well. Definitely something I'll look into.
    3. Test button/switch components should also be easy enough to make. At present you can use a NOT component and toggle it back and forth with a Buffer with +/- keys in Inspect mode. I'll see if I can include a button in next update though.

20. Storm_UK