Luthien's Firefly Hollow Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Aug 29, 2016.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Otherwise known as the "So I don't have to keep spamming the Show Off Your Farm thread"...

Gonna start stashing my farm updates here, instead of continuously posting pictures of my updated farm on that thread, that way if someone wants to follow my progress they can, and if they're sick of seeing it by now, they can ignore me. >u<

This is just my way of showing the progression of my farm (my second playthrough btw) from the first season onward - I play about one season per week (I'm time-modded), finishing on Sundays and then I grab a full farm screenshot on the last (or sometimes second-to-last) day of the season. I also keep updates of my house interior because those are fun to keep track of too. I actually have two farms, kinda...the main vanilla farm, and Advize's expansion. I use Ali's Witchy Gothic buildings for the farmhouse and barns etc. and the furniture that goes with it. I'm also using several retexture mods for the pets and livestock. If you want to know where to get anything you see on here just ask and I'll point you in the right direction. :)

Also, if you get inspired by anything I've done, feel free to steal ideas - I'm sure some of mine came from things I've seen around here anyway. lol

This is my update for Spring, Year 2. You can find all of the previous updates by browsing through this thread here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/show-off-your-farm.108973/

Main Farm: Spring Year 2.png
    A LOT of progress has been made this past season - my cherry and apricot trees that I planted in winter are bearing fruit and I've been turning them into wine and jelly. I purchased the stable early on and named my horse Black Magic, and my Void Chicken coop currently houses 5 birds, the newest being born on the very last day of the season. I named them Morticia, Morganna, Belladonna, Winterstar (guess when she hatched lol) and the newest is Gypsy.
    I replaced another couple rows of the tapped trees with orange and peach trees, which should be ready to bear fruit as summer hits. A storm took one of my maple trees but I decided to just leave the stump there since I'll be chopping those down soon anyway. I've been relocating the displaced tappers to some of the trees in Cindersap Forest so they aren't just going to waste.
    The little tree farm over on the far left is probably just temporary, I don't really care for the look of it but I ran short on wood for building barns and had to chop down most of the trees south of my farm, and I'd like to not have to do that again. :/ I'll keep it going at least until I feel I have a decent supply of wood, or until I have enough cash to just buy what I need from Robin.

Expansion: Spring Year 2 Expansion.png
    The four large pastures are filling out nicely with the trees and grass I planted there. The first pasture already houses four cows: Parsnip, Rhubarb, Tulip and Strawberry. I theme each pasture after a season, choosing names for my cows based on things that grow that season and planting two fruit trees between the barns. (The winter pasture will just have pine trees for now.) I have stone floor sitting as placeholders for where the barns will go, but I only intend to add one new barn per season, along with upgrading the previous one. Eventually my aim is to have 8 full barns of cows, which yes, means a LOT of milking every morning. I'm fine with this though, I would rather spend most of my day doing farm work instead of killing time in the mines.
    I've also got one coop on the expansion farm, it will house four of each coop animal. I have four pink chickens already grown and producing large eggs, their names are Grapefruit, CottonCandy, Bubblegum, and Sakura. I also just added four ducks, which are still babies but they will be black when full grown. I named them Licorice, Jellybean, SootSprite, and Sillhouette.
    I added a large garden to grow whichever crop is the money-maker for that season. I did a batch of rhubarb for the first half of spring, and then grabbed some strawberry seeds at the egg festival and those grew for the remainder.

Farmhouse: House Spring Year 2.png
    I spent the first year in the small cabin, but as soon as year 2 hit I went and grabbed the upgrade. I had been stashing decorations, flooring and wallpaper so that when I had more space, I'd have plenty to work with. What I would like to do, if I'm able, is change up the decor with each season so that I'm not always looking at the same house. For now, it's mostly green and will probably stay the same through summer. I have other plans for fall and winter, but those will be a surprise for later. ;D

Other Stuff:
    Socially, I've got about half of the villagers to full hearts. I've been working on them in groups, depending on who has a birthday in that season. I also started dating Sebastian, but I'm going to wait a full year before I give him the mermaid's pendant so that I can make sure I don't miss all of the dialogue that's unique to dating this time around. (I somewhat rushed it on my last save and missed out on a lot of things.)
    My skills are all maxed out and have been for some time. The advantage of playing with the timespeed mod is that you have a lot more time to work on things like fishing, mining, foraging etc. You also build up a decent supply of items fairly quickly and you have plenty of gold early in the game to get the things you want.

Flower Dance, Year 2 was much better - I danced with Sebastian instead of sitting off on the sidelines. lol I grabbed a screenshot and then edited it to give my farmer a pretty dress like all the rest of the girls. :p Flower Dance Year 2.png

Plans for Summer: Plant the Fall fruit trees in the orchard so they'll start bearing fruit as soon as Fall arrives. Upgrade the first barn and purchase 4 new cows, as well as 4 cows to go in the summer pasture. Keep working on friendship levels with the villagers who have birthdays in summer (if not already at full hearts). Purchase 4 rabbits for the coop on the expansion. Finish the last two bundles for the CC and get the greenhouse up and running. Keep hatching void eggs and filling the coop on the main farm.

That's pretty much it for this update. If you read this far I hope you enjoyed it, and if anyone wants directions to the mods I use just let me know and I'll post a link to the appropriate thread. Next update will be next Sunday!

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Looking great! I like the idea of changing the decor for the seasons. In fact, I had an idea to recolor the wall papers and furnishings tilesheets to match the seasons. I'm already going in and renaming flooring files per season (I have grassy gravel paths), so one more file (or a couple) isn't a big deal. After I get everything done (... if), would you care if I shared my farm pics with you here? I don't want to hijack your thread, so it's ok if you'd rather I don't, I can still post to the original thread. Just wanted your opinion. I may just start my own thread, and do like a showcase thing, cause I use a lot of mods as well, and have modified some of those to suit my taste. (craftables and furniture are kinda hodge podgey at this point).

Great looking farm! 5/5 :coffee:

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

I don't mind at all, I like bouncing ideas back and forth anyway. :3 I wish I knew how to edit tilesheets, I'd go all out with the seasonal stuff (cuz I know it exists in the game darnit lol) and deck my house out. >u<

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
        • Lysa

Lysa Space Penguin Leader

Hmm ... Luthien have you checked out the item-spawner mod? IF you really want to try lots of styles... but I'll warn you now... once used it becomes soooo tempting hehehe'insert evil laugh'

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/93/? this is the one I mean

p.s. I love the idea of seeing your farm develope by season. Thanks.

• MoonlitBrenya

I love the couch you have in the living room. mind if I ask where you got it?

MrToni300 and LuthienNightwolf like this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

MrToni300, Phaena and MoonlitBrenya like this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

I dunno, that sounds like it might take the challenge out of getting things though - it's already too easy. lol

MrToni300 likes this.
              • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Your farm looks amazing. How do you even plan your farm out? I'm so bad at planning layouts... ;_;

MrToni300 and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

Have you played around with this any? https://stardew.info/planner/

It's pretty helpful if you want to just mess around with ideas and see what fits and what doesn't. :3

This is the layout I made with the planner: Farm Plan.png
                  At the time, I had intended to be using a different farm map, which had water down at the bottom of it instead of the two ponds but it ended up not being compatible with the expansion mod, so I had to make some adjustments as I went.

MrToni300 and staarfruit like this.
                  • Lysa

Lysa Space Penguin Leader

Yes absolutely, but isn't editing tilesheets the same idea? I could be wrong as I'm actually guessing at what it means lol.

• MoonlitBrenya

editing tile sheets isn't really cheaty, you still have to buy the items, but now they look more like something you would like personally. It's basically just a recolor.

• LuthienNightwolf

^ What she said. For example, say you want some Halloween decorations for your house, but since the game doesn't actually give you a way to obtain them (other than crafting a jack-o-lantern) you would have to edit one of the tile sheets to make those items replace something that you *can* obtain. Or at least, that's my understanding of it. lol If I had the know-how there's a few swaps I'd make personally, just because of wanting certain items in my house. I'd love to have Seb's synth to put up after he moves in, but I don't want to mess with my furniture sheet since it's already modded.

MrToni300 likes this.
                        • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Amazing work c: I am absolutely in love with the way you decorated your house! once 1,1 is out im surely giving furniture mods a shot :3

Also you really fooled me with the flower dance :rofl: I saw the screen and thought "how did she get to change?!" then I read you edited it >w< pretty fancy!

• LuthienNightwolf

Lol I'm sneaky like that. It's actually Haley's body. :rofl:

MrToni300 and Corraidhín like this.
                            • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

*gasp* the flower queen has been dethroned!

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

#jealous

Your farm looks amazing. I really really like the decor on the farm. The expansion is neato as well, I didn't even know that was thing. It looks really flippin good. Also RIP the pond.

You're house is amazing. I want your decoration skills. You gotta teach me one day.

I really like your farm, tis noice. Keep us updated fam.

Phaena and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                • LuthienNightwolf

Thanks! <3

Sadly, the pond had to go, it was in the way of too many things. lol

MrToni300 and CjBeats like this.
                                  • LuthienNightwolf

Some random things - new ducks Chickens and Ducks.png

and um...a present for the boyfriend. haha Pinky Lemon.png

Where do you guys keep your statues (if you have them)? The weird robot guy is next to Clint's forge, and the frog thing is in my farm cave, see if you can spot him: Farm Cave with Grass.png
                                    And now, Pinky Lemon gets to live in Seb's room. I hope he likes it. *evil grin*

MrToni300, Phaena and Corraidhín like this.
                                    • CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Whoa what is that cave like place. It looks epic

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh god that spring looks gorgeous! and I see you Mr Frog statue... hah!

(hes by the bush, yeah, that bush.)

Poor Sebastian will have nightmares the moment he decides to look over his shoulder :rofl: