1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

I honestly thought I replied to this earlier...

You can instal the mod by keeping watch of this thread until the next alpha build comes out. Unfortunately, 1.2 did break some small parts of the mod. I'm working on an update now, which hopefully will be done soon.

To install mods by file do the following:
    -go to OS (PC/C: depends on computer)
    -then Program Files (x86)
    -open the folder named Steam
    -next open the folder named steamapps
    -open Common
    -open the folder named Starbound (bookmark for future reference)
    -open the folder Mods
    -extract the file and insert the folder there.

Hopefully the next update comes out soon. I may have to create another mod page for the mod since I can't seem to contact Ochiru.

2. Zancuno

I have some work to do in regards for the Steam Workshop release. After this update coming soon, all armors need to be finished and other requirements like a ship need to be made.

List of what needs to be done before first Steam Release:
    -Finish entire armor series
    -Finish new color schemes
    -Finish mod ship
    -Finish ship pet
    -Finish NPCs (about done)
    -Finish Death animation.

Once those are done it will be ready for a Steam Release.

In the mean time.... you know ChuckleFish wouldn't be letting me post anything bad on here. To do so I would be banned and the files I made, removed. This site's downloads are trusted. Much like how you download mods for Minecraft except this is better due to them being in one place.

I'm working on it but I can't release the mod yet on Steam till I at least get those requirements done.

3. Zancuno

it seems NPCs are still giving me some problems. Regarding that of guards and regular tenant npcs... I may end up having to do this the hard way.

No matter how much I edit the files for the guards, I always seem to have issues with the right ones spawning. It seems the only solutions is to make patch files for the in-game npcs files to include all aspects of the lucario race to normal gameplay. This will actually take me some time as it will require me some concentration to do as patch files are a bit easier to get wrong that normal files due to them having no spaces. Although upon completing this, the lucario race could be technically spawned for most of the normal npc types.

Oh and I haven't been able to get in contact with Ochiru at all.. I may have to go ahead and make a new mod page for this mod upon the next update. In the mean time, if any of you have created some assets for this mod, I will gladly add them in while I figure this out. This mod has always seemed to be a community project.

4. Zancuno

Hey everyone!!

Got some news for you!! I am back from beta testing on Gaia Online and am picking up the mod work again!!

So first off!
    My next posts will be on this thread BUT when the next update comes out, I will be making a new mod page in the forums

Secondly
    I'm sorry but I will have to put the custom ship on a halt, I have designs drawn out but at the moment it is going to be at halt till 1.3. The reason why is because of the introduction of Mechs and space travel inside the game, which of course is going to change how ships work and also the layout of the ship. The reason being that you will exit your ship in the mech to go fly in space to where ever you please, this may add a hatch to the ship and only time will tell.

Third
    I need a ton of Dialog for the lucario race. What I need is you pretending to be your favorite in-game species and imagining what you would say to a lucario. I have created a thread for the community to post their race specific comments here:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dialog-to-lucario-race-open-to-submit.131498/
    Make sure to have fun!!!

All hotfix mod breaks have been solved in the mod and it has regained stability. My main directive right now is making content for the mod and getting NPCs done. After the Death animation is made and NPCs are made, I will be making the new page for posting this mod. This means there will be an earlier beta build released than I planned.

Also~~

Sorry that I have been gone over and over as I promise to work on the mod. I have not forgotten about it and continue to make concepts and ideas I may or may not add. Although it surprises me how much a part time job can take away all of my free time, sometimes only leaving me a hour awake before I have to go to bed again. I am working normally 5 days a week now and a lot of my time is taken away for surprise surprise!! a part time job.

I hope that in the next update, you all enjoy the additional custom colors of lucario that I will be adding to the mod. When it comes out, I certainly want your feedback on these colors and opinions on future colors.

5. Omega Lightfur

Omega Lightfur Void-Bound Voyager

Being a lucario lover i really enjoy this mod even if it is in the works I really hope you keep up the job Zanuco so that we can see this mod make it and maybe be added to the frackin races like the Gardevan race mod (its basically a gardevoir)

6. Zancuno

I'm actually working on the NPCs right now (oddly has taken longer than expected). Once they, the ship jackal pet, and death animation are finished. I will be making a new mod page for this so I can alter the info and etc. I haven't been able to speak to Ochiru in ages so it ended up falling onto me. I have talked to Sayter before but not on matters of the Frakkin Races. I believe a steam release would be in order first ( got a ton to do before that ). Thanks for popping by!! (was afraid this place was dead)

7. chris05478

chris05478 Big Damn Hero

Glad to see this mod is still being worked on, can't wait to be able to use it again!

8. Zancuno

Yeah it's still in development. Sad to say that it is whenever I can work on it. Although NPCs are almost done. There is actually 1 thing I am waiting for to finish up the NPCs, the thread I listed up above a few posts. The people at Starbound Amino have been very helpful with the dialog and are giving some golden phrases. I've been looking for Dialog of what in game races would say to a Lucario. Honestly I haven't actually played much of the other races and instantly sought for lessons on how to mod when I got the game. So I have been playing as a Lucario on Starbound for almost the entirety of it. As of such I think the other people would give such better dialog than what I can come up with for the in game races.

Although the update may come soon if I have enough time to finish up some stuff. Some things already in the game need some major tweaks for the public release. Although as promised, once I get NPCs finished, jackal pet finished, and the death animation finished; I will be making another mod page. The Jackal would only take me a day to create but the death animation I need to put some thought into. It was discussed previously in this discussion so implementing it will take some time to put the pixels in the right place.

So look forward to updates. I've been pretty active on Starbound Amino and plan another blog soon for as many in game species dialog as I can get.

9. 7x9000

7x9000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By 'Death Animation', do you mean respawn animation?
    If so, why not something like... hatching from an egg and evolving from a Riolu all in one quick sequence? What with the traditional glowy evolution and all.

10. chris05478

chris05478 Big Damn Hero

I would assume so, sounds like a great idea, simple yet very fitting, it could be like the Avian Respawn. Egg hatching, little Riolu hopping around and then bam! Lucario

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  11. Zancuno

The jackal pet is under way as of currently. This is the golden jackal, the species Lucario was based on. After I get done with the sprite sheet, I have to make other color variants as well. It may take me a while to get this done, but fortunately the process has now become faster since I have a tablet to work on. Any pixel art I make for the mod will take me half the time than before.
    [​IMG]

12. Rippaw

Rippaw Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh wow that Jackal looks so crisp and cute I love it, can't wait to see this run around on my ship.

13. Zancuno

Well... I finished the sprite sheet for the jackal pet and inserted the golden variant into the game.. and well this made for an interesting night.

It seems I need to polish the walking animation a bit more as it is rather stiff... although some funny things happened.

well for one it meows, no kidding :rofl: I need to find an audio file for a jackal sound.

secondly it's proximity needs to be adjusted since if there is a gap of 2 tiles, it will just phase the upper half of it's body through the blocks above (about the same height as the lucario sprite) Almost reminds me of a ghost.....

I also need to give it a less cat like jump... because its just funnily inaccurate to watch :rofl: It's not the jump animation but the arch of the jump. It will often bump it's head on something mid jump.

Apparently I flooded my ship to test it's swimming animation and the jackal just doesn't care about being submerged. It just walks.... and sleeps underwater...oh and if the toy ball sinks in the water, it all of a sudden doesn't care about it.

It's eating animation came out perfect.... except for the cat sounds :rofl:

I apparently have a bit of sound work and coding to do for the jackal.

I wish I could record this and made a video about the wonders of beta.. but I still need a ram upgrade to play the game properly.

I'm not posting the sprite sheet this time because it needs polishing.

Edit: Oh and speaking of that, new contracts with my job are coming in so the base pay for the store is going to go up. This means I will get a pretty decent raise and will no longer be just above minimum wage. This means that I might finally be able to save up money for things like the RAM upgrade. (the tablet I got was from tax money if people question)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  14. chris05478

chris05478 Big Damn Hero

The jackle looks nice :3 Keep up the good work

15. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod may need to be updated for the new patch.

16. Zancuno

Yeah I have been working on that. I have very few active items in the mod. The NPCs were patched in so they are fine. Although the main concerns are the ship, mech, tech stations, etc It shouldn't take me too long to iron out the bugs in this update. What will take me longer is doing the pixel art for everything.

17. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Good to hear! I've really been enjoying what you've done to the mod. I have been using this mod since it was first released and started using the mod again just a month. I REALLY like what you've done with it. Especially the armor and aura sphere.

18. chris05478

chris05478 Big Damn Hero

I'm gettitng excited for this mod to be complete :3 It's soooo close to being done

19. The_Cyborg_Lord

The_Cyborg_Lord Void-Bound Voyager

The game keep crashing on the loading screen

20. TheNuki

TheNuki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There has not been an update to this mod yet after the last update to the game. The creators are working on it tough.