1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Alright Tier 3 armor is done, now to work on the other concepts

Huh the captions I left on the video don't show up on here. 0.0;;

2. Thanatosan

Thanatosan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love it /)°3°(\

3. RanzEDGE

RanzEDGE Aquatic Astronaut

Hello everyone, I wanted to use this mod for starbound but everytime I make a character and start it just exits out of starbound completely has this happened to anybody so far and if so how do I fix it?

4. Zancuno

Hmmm... question? Did you download the mod via download link on top of this page/mod home page or did you Download the mod from this post?
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lucario-race-mod.79637/page-25#post-2976322

Currently the page download for the mod is outdated and the content is for a previous version of Starbound. This is because of Ochiru's absence due to IRL problems. The mod has been continuing in alphas posted in this discussion until a full 1.1 version can be made for a full release.

If you haven't downloaded the recent alpha from that post, I would suggest doing so. It was made for 1.0 but works with no problems in 1.1

Although if that isn't your solution then make sure you have subscribed the Xbawks Character Creation Extender mod from Steam Workshop.

If none of this helps then I would have to see the log file containing the error located in starbound/storage/starbound.log

If you want to locate the error yourself then I would suggest getting the free program notepad++ which you can open that log file up with as well as any Starbound file.

I hope this helps

5. RanzEDGE

RanzEDGE Aquatic Astronaut

thankyou for the help but i found out it was the A.V.I.A.N. mode that was crashing the game removed it and everything worked fine now i just have to fix this fps problem.

6. Zancuno

Fps you say? I have to say that the fps problem is for everyone. I have heard even for powerful computers this is still an issue. With Starbound open, pull up task manager and you will see the problem. Ever since 1.0 came out, Starbound has been eating at so much memory and processing power. The memory is eating up about 2GB of RAM constanlty. I have only found one reason why it is doing this.
    [​IMG]
    This is with debug mode opened up on Starbound just on the ship (low fps area with nothing added)

look at the section, client_lua_mem:
    That right there is the problem. For some odd reason every single LUA file in Starbound is either running at the same time or the LUA files are taking a whole lot more processing power than they did in Glad Giraffe. I do not know the reason why but we all do know that when 1.0 came out some things as to how the game is coded did change. I have tried boosting my performance with my laptop, even opening up more RAM for Starbound to use and this is still the same. I'm pretty sure this is something that Chucklefish will have to fix in later updates.

7. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if starbound starts to consume alot of resource around the time the fps starts to drop, try running a scan on its files via steam incase anything is missing, or try making a dump file via task manager, it actually helps a little, though you can always search the steam workshop for the "FPS Booster" or click here, it helps a little if your running an old computer and might speed things up and fix it for you just as these methods have recently for me.

8. Zancuno

eh I probably need to stay away from that fps booster mod if I plan to make a video of the lucario mod when it's done. Although that dump file sounds like a good idea.

9. Zancuno

This..... may be the last update... I can post.. I don't know...

-sighs- I have had no chance to work on the mod and truthfully..... the inclusion of the tier3 armor was the last I touched the mod...

I have no idea if I can work on the mod anymore

I have been kicked out of my home....

I stood up to my Abusers and quote on quote "crossed the line", starting tomorrow I am to move out with no plans or anything as to where to go. I may end up on the streets.. I exploded on them which may not have been a good decision to you guys, but I can't have any regrets... I am tired of constantly feeling worthless and like a piece of shit. My only other place of possible living will limit my internet use to a very small amount...that is if I can even go there...

I do not make enough to rent a place of my own.... and that other possible place will demand 90% of my monthly amount of pay.... I will end up losing my job... I will end up losing almost all chance to succeed.

So...

1.1 UNFINISHED ALPHA
    Changelog:

-tier 3 armor added
    -teleporting graphics fixed
    -new S.A.I.L
    -minor crafting changes
    -unfinished mod assets (shouldn't cause any errors though)

Warnings:
    This is unfinished so I can't guarantee the best of sprite work. You may have to delete your old lucario saves in order for the new S.A.I.L. to work correctly.

sorry guys.........

Attached Files:

10. Rippaw

Rippaw Void-Bound Voyager

I am not sure if you will be able to read this but. Don't you have any friends or relatives you can stay with for a while? What about support from the state or something like that? There must be some way to keep you off the streets. What ever happens I wish you the best of luck and thank you so much for all the work and time youput into this mod for all the fans of it. You really did a great job and I hope you will find a way to make it through life just as well or even better.

11. Zancuno

managed to find a place to stay, but wifi will be extremely limited. I will have to do online stuff mostly via mobile and my laptop will have to stay on offline mode, most of the time.

So yeah do have a place to stay at least. I do not know if it will be good or bad.

The place I will stay will have me alone almost all the time, though I don't like loneliness.... I despise abuse more... Maybe having some peace I could be inspired to actually draw more and mod.

Although there is going to be a 30GB a month wifi limit used not just by me.. If I do continue posting updates it may be on a more rare scale to prevent border lining the limit.

So yay... I know you guys must be happy to hear someone once in threat of no home, safe.

Let's see how fate unfolds

12. mclucario

mclucario Void-Bound Voyager

Good luck man. I wish I could help you any further.

13. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sad to hear that, but glad to hear it's not all bad.
    Good luck, I hope everything works out great in the end.

The new Armor looks amazing, by the way.

14. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Really great work on the mod =3

I haven't checked in for awhile, but I hope everything is going okay!

I like your artistic designs taking the lucario and making them work in starbound. You have a really neat vision for them. It was crazy reading the last few pages and seeing people try to dictate how you make your mod. Being seeing that too often lately. Stay true to yourself!

Keep on rocking and making great stuff!

15. retrox500

retrox500 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can anyone tell me I'm doing wrong?:cry:

Code:
    [03:33:32.495] Info: Detected mod 'lucario' at '../giraffe_storage/mods\lucario\.'
    [03:33:32.496] Info: Detected mod 'ACCM 1.3' at '../giraffe_storage/mods\ACCM\.'
    [03:33:32.496] Info: Loading Configuration with config file: 'starbound.config'
    [03:33:32.496] Info: Loading Star::Configuration from 'Just (.\..\giraffe_storage\starbound.config)'
    [03:33:32.504] Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\..\giraffe_storage\starbound.config'
    [03:33:32.548] Info: Initializing Star::Root with 4 assets sources
    [03:33:32.548] Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    [03:33:32.549] Info: Client version 'Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - Update 2' Protocol: 668
    [03:33:32.549] Info: Initialized SDL
    [03:33:33.530] Info: Initialized SDL Video
    [03:33:33.599] Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    [03:33:33.605] Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    [03:33:33.745] Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    [03:33:33.747] Info: Loading Assets
    [03:33:33.747] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/packed.pak'
    [03:33:33.750] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/user'
    [03:33:33.750] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods\lucario\.'
    [03:33:33.751] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods\ACCM\.'
    [03:33:36.746] Info: Done loading Assets
    [03:33:36.784] Info: Fully loading Star::Root...
    [03:33:36.787] Info: Loading ObjectDatabase
    [03:33:36.788] Info: Loading PlantDatabase
    [03:33:36.788] Info: Loading ProjectileDatabase
    [03:33:36.789] Info: Loading MonsterDatabase
    [03:33:36.790] Info: Loading NpcDatabase
    [03:33:36.791] Info: Loading PlayerFactory
    [03:33:36.793] Info: Loading EntityFactory
    [03:33:36.793] Info: Loading ItemDatabase
    [03:33:37.221] Info: Done loading PlayerFactory
    [03:33:37.222] Info: Loading MaterialDatabase
    [03:33:37.222] Info: Loading ParticleDatabase
    [03:33:37.909] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [03:33:38.074] Info: Created initial window 1000x574
    [03:33:38.167] Info: Renderer initialized
    [03:33:38.467] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [03:33:38.467] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [03:33:38.545] Info: Re-created window 1024x578
    [03:33:38.605] Info: Renderer initialized
    [03:33:55.905] Info: Done loading NpcDatabase
    [03:33:55.905] Info: Loading TerrainDatabase
    [03:33:57.538] Info: Done loading TerrainDatabase
    [03:33:57.539] Info: Loading BiomeDatabase
    [03:34:10.315] Info: Done loading BiomeDatabase
    [03:34:10.315] Info: Loading LiquidsDatabase
    [03:34:20.923] Info: Done loading ProjectileDatabase
    [03:34:20.924] Info: Loading StatusEffectDatabase
    [03:34:21.271] Info: Done loading PlantDatabase
    [03:34:21.271] Info: Loading DamageDatabase
    [03:34:26.185] Info: Done loading StatusEffectDatabase
    [03:34:26.303] Info: Done loading ParticleDatabase
    [03:34:26.304] Info: Loading EffectSourceDatabase
    [03:34:27.648] Info: Done loading DamageDatabase
    [03:34:27.648] Info: Loading FunctionDatabase
    [03:34:28.993] Info: Done loading EffectSourceDatabase
    [03:34:28.993] Info: Loading TreasureDatabase
    [03:34:31.489] Info: Done loading TreasureDatabase
    [03:34:31.489] Info: Loading DungeonDefinitions
    [03:34:34.052] Info: Done loading FunctionDatabase
    [03:34:34.052] Info: Loading EmoteProcessor
    [03:34:34.053] Info: Done loading EmoteProcessor
    [03:34:34.053] Info: Loading SpeciesDatabase
    [03:34:35.184] Info: Done loading SpeciesDatabase
    [03:34:35.184] Info: Loading ImageMetadataDatabase
    [03:34:35.184] Info: Done loading ImageMetadataDatabase
    [03:34:35.184] Info: Loading VersioningDatabase
    [03:34:35.187] Info: Done loading VersioningDatabase
    [03:34:35.187] Info: Loading QuestTemplateDatabase
    [03:34:36.391] Info: Loading AiDatabase
    [03:34:39.869] Info: Done loading AiDatabase
    [03:34:39.869] Info: Loading TechDatabase
    [03:34:41.066] Info: Done loading TechDatabase
    [03:34:41.066] Info: Loading CodexDatabase
    [03:34:54.702] Info: Done loading ObjectDatabase
    [03:34:55.240] Info: Done loading MaterialDatabase
    [03:34:55.373] Info: Done loading LiquidsDatabase
    [03:34:57.621] Info: Done loading MonsterDatabase
    [03:34:57.621] Info: Done loading EntityFactory
    [03:35:02.624] Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\..\giraffe_storage\starbound.config'
    [03:35:10.164] Info: Done loading CodexDatabase
    [03:35:48.273] Info: Done loading DungeonDefinitions
    [03:40:18.671] Info: Done loading ItemDatabase
    [03:40:20.417] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("conditions")
      VariantException::VariantException(string)
      Variant::get(String)
      Variant::getList(String)
      QuestTemplate::QuestTemplate(Variant)
      QuestTemplateDatabase::QuestTemplateDatabase()
      Root::questTemplateDatabase()
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<QuestTemplateDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

[03:40:20.444] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [03:40:20.802] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [03:40:22.590] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("conditions")
      ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
      ClientApplication::update()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main
    :lod::mad::whaaat::nope:
    and try other extensions creator and all give me the same error what goes wrong? even if I add the lopuny or as they write, it still I get this error there any solution?
    by the way my English is bad pardon the lack of coherence of this message:facepalm:
    I expect an answer

16. Zancuno

I have no idea how but you are still using the beta Starboard and you are okay with the spelling and whatnot.
    You are using the upbeat Giraffe beta build.

The current downloads in the discussion are for Starbound 1.1 which is no longer beta.

If you do not want to update your game but still play this mod, go to the front page or the top of this page and click the versions history tab. You are looking for UB which is the Upbeat Giraffe beta build of the mod.

Sadly that version will not have the additions the current one has since it's an old build.

(I missed how clean the log files once were)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  17. retrox500

then download the version 1.1 as you say you'll call a friend and happens thanks. and also thanks for the quick response that true friend is much appreciated :up:

18. retrox500

me you fixed the problem friend:nod:
    I would say a testament thanking
    but I think too many words
    good summary: Many but thank you very much friend :3

finally: sorry if my spelling is bad in this message. Only you will know if it's okay or misspelled
    problem solved :poke::confirm:

19. Zancuno

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I've updated on the mod. Lately things have been busy with work but I still am doing mod work. Recently I have added the oran berry, Pecha berry, and their seeds to the Terramart Shipments or known in the coding crop shipper' s sellable items so you can sell those at your house. Although for the past few weeks I have teamed up with Dilrax from the mod RenTek: Armoury Evolved, to learn how to use a program called Tiled. Tiled is a program used to make custom worlds, missions, dungeons, and even randomly generated structures.

Besides that I have also been looking into creating more hair styles and unique fur colors for character creation.

I have to say things are crazy right now so it'll take a while for me to post another alpha.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  20. retrox500

I hope the next version, friend ;)

Roskii Heiral likes this.