1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

the black "outlines" could be made a dark grey/black kinda colour like #222224, which is this colour of grey/black (RGB: 34 34 36)
    but i still don't see these full "item outlines" like they were icons.

2. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In reference to the black plates shown;
    I Like the helmet in the left picture, looks rather intimidating.
    Hard to see the detail, as I can only zoom out so far on Chrome xD
    Sort of indecisive about the chestpiece, The right one looks a little bulky, the left one's legplates look kinda nice(Assuming it handles the upper leg plates)
    As for the feet, Not sure how well encasing them would work, logically, since there are so many more joints in digitigrade legs.

~In the end, as each set, rather than parts, I'd choose the left set

It's already been said, but color would really help distinguish edges and separate parts

PS: Thanks for handling that berry bug, I kinda rely on them entirely for food. Shame they end up taking up a very large amount of space, in order to keep full xD
    Maybe you could make poffins, berry shakes like from X/Y?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  3. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

Why stop at just Poffins? PokeBlocks, Poffins, the whole nine yards; everyone likes some variety! PokePuffs don't seem like they're made of berries, so that might hafta be made from more traditional recipes.

4. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

I have a tip for you with those berries. Wait till they are fully grown everywhere and run past the plants spamming E. If you collect the berries within 2 seconds or less they will stack and use much less space.

Alright ^ ^; that is out of the way. Although thank you for the opinions. The colors I used are the same colors the titanium ore and bar are so they are that way you guys know they are based on the metal. I obviously need to clean up and blend the colors of black when I make the armors. Also I couldn't figure exactly how to do the chest, so that's what I ended up with. I was trying to make it plate like, like how the legs are.

5. Zancuno

As of currently the mod is not at a full version for a Steam Release. Also seeing that I don't own the mod, I want to respect the creator and talk it out with Ochiru.

Although the current alpha for 1.0 is in this post:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lucario-race-mod.79637/page-25#post-2976322

You can simply download that to begin playing, although if you need instructions on how to install, then reference this last alpha release post:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lucario-race-mod.79637/page-25#post-2972642

6. Thanatosan

Thanatosan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the 1st one, simple and not powerfull at all.

[Sorry for my bad english]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  7. Zancuno

hmmm it seems the majority of people (had to post my opinions outside of CF forums for this) picked the left new redesign of the tier 3 armor, so I guess I'll end voting on that and start working on that....

Although got something a bit interesting for ya!

I have gone in and re-worked the tech suits, warp, and S.A.I.L.

Tech Interfaces:
    (lets just assume the tail is directly behind them.... pixel limitations and a frustrating process of trying to figure out how to place the tail when like that made the best option being, to just not have them... I surely am not going to put the tail hanging down between the legs.)

Male [​IMG] female [​IMG]

Warp:

it has become a bit more aura like

[​IMG]

S.A.I.L.:

Yes I actually asked a few people on their thoughts about this. It changed several times while in the make

[​IMG]

the left is the new S.A.I.L. console for the lucario race, the right is the apex, mind the select lines, I snipped that while in work

[​IMG]

Here's it working with a lucario based S.A.I.L.

[​IMG]
    Here's your new partner errrrrrr...... Ship-based Artificial Intelligence Lattice, forgive me you ever so picky S.A.I.L.

This is what happens when I get bored ^ ^;;;;

Oddly enough you will actually have to make a new save and never touch your old saves ... or well delete your lucario save files in order to see the correct S.A.I.L. wall mount. When you make a new save it will load correctly but if you load a previous version it will mess with your other saves and replace the lucario S.A.I.L. wall mount with the human ship wall mount because that is what the previous saves had in them.

This isn't in the recent public release yet but best to keep that in mind so you know why that error will happen.

Although if you didn't know, if you was playing the same save since 1.0 came out, you may want to make a new save on Starbound for better performance anyways.

I'll work on the Tier 3 armor now, make some new tier 4 concepts and rather as well get the rest of the concepts out of the way. Once I do that, it's up to you guys to vote and with me waiting, I will be tackling the re-spawn animation.

... which reminds me which would you rather see for re-spawn?

-reverting back to an egg, hatching and evolving?

or?

-Go with the aura theme and see a floating ball of wispy aura that builds up power and grows into your form?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Ew, boobs...

Just make the tech interface unisex. It's infinitely more true to the source design and looks better.
    I'd say a combination of both would be really cool.

9. Zancuno

actually..... I did shrink those, not so obvious huh?.. (look at the human tech interface and you will see what I mean) I thought you would say that but technically the females do have them in the mod and playing multiplayer with other people, I have noticed that other races where you can't tell the difference... cause a bit of confusion. I mean sure my custom vanity is meant to look feminine but when playing with someone you just met or jumping into a server it can cause some embarrassing situations or well you getting yelled at.

soooo.... a fusion of both of those... define that... all I can think is the whispy ball forming into a riolu and then evolving or.. the whispy ball forming into the shape of a riolu then evolves into the shape of a lucario, fading into your sprite.

10. Mackinz

How can a unisex tech interface cause confusion when there are quite clear mandated differences between male and female characters as is? The tech interface is almost purely flavor, and I feel that a unisex one for a Pokemon with no defined sexual dimorphism in canon is just a better choice overall.

There is an egg hatching, but overhead there is aura and the two combine when the egg hatches, turning into the players character.

11. Zancuno

hmmm soooo... if I get this right. The animation begins with a wispy orb of aura forming above an egg (most likely a test-tube clone) the aura drops down into the egg, it hatches in a riolu form of aura and then "evolves" into the lucario form which becomes your player.

regarding the canon..... actually you could say that a female lucario is highly kept secret by Nintendo... In all manga, anime, and official art. The lucario presented in all of those are entirely male. There has never actually been a reveal of a female lucario in canon. Regarding the games, since the audience is children they obviously will try for a unisex look. No alternate gender pokemon (excluding pokemon who are only female as a gender and bird pokemon) have any actually anatomy changes. The only changes being shorter/longer fur and etc but no alternate gender pokemon have it's body shape changed from males to have women like curves. The nindoran lines don't count since they are somehow considered different species?? Either way ^ ^ (I think this is a bit too much critical thinking) you do not actually know what a female lucario looks like, nor does anyone else as of currently, so it's up for anyone to debate.

Lopunny has been seen as both female and male in the anime/manga/etc so you are right on the dot with that.

Although you are a bit right about the tech interfaces. I could shrink those down some more and since the chest on the sprites aren't defined, make it more of a bulge instead of visible cleavage (make them smaller and remove the line in the middle). That way they'll match the sprites a bit more.
    (Honestly I would keep them since the tech interfaces are supposed to be an anatomy view)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  12. Mackinz

You have contradicted yourself. The games are canon. The anime is self-contradictory at times and is generally considered non-canon. The "highly kept secret" of a female Lucario is not secretive at all. Lucario has a 87.5% male/12.5% female gender ratio, so female Lucario are far less common, and there is zero sexual dimorphism between the two so you cannot visually distinguish them.

13. Zancuno

I think you missed my point.... the games are censored. I relied on the anime, manga, and official art category for this determination since those forms have a bit more privileges. Especially the manga. The games have to be censored for the target audience and their game rating. Any case of a lucario outside the games have only shown the male. In the manga (PokeSpe or others) there is a chance that the pokemon will have a more obvious gender difference in body shape.

14. Mackinz

"Censored"? While they may not explicitly deal with sex, there are significant differences between certain male and female Pokemon that allow differentiation. If there were gender differences in the Lucario line, then they would be shown - but there just is not and any thought of a "chance" that there happens to be an endowed Lucario because you believe that a female Lucario has never been shown outside of the games (which is a false statement as there has never been a confirmed female Lucario shown - there are plenty of "unknown " gender Lucario to go around)... is just plain wrong. When it comes to canon, the games are primary source. They are where all the other media get their basics from. If anything canon in the games that is contradicted in external media, you may as well consider the external media incorrect. PokeSpe has its own timeline and internal canon. The anime has its own timeline and internal canon. The game series supercedes all of those. The games are the source material.

Female Lucario do not magically have boobs because you hope they do.

15. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

you guys are arguing about whos right and whos wrong regarding cannon and non-cannon in a space exploration sandbox that's clearly not cannon at all and allows for differences...

personally I prefer the visible gender differences, the Umbreon race mod has a similar similarity problem where both genders would look the exact same if it wasn't for the gender differance in body shape, a unisex apperance may not seem like a problem but to some it is...

I also don't get why mackinz is making a huge deal out of it and I also recall Zancuno adding the lucarios missing wrist and chest spikes just so they would look more normal...

16. Mackinz

Which is not being discussed. The reason for our discussion is the tech interface UI, not the mandated sprite differences between male and female races in Starbound. Zan has been trying to justify the boobs on the female Lucario tech interface with the most... unusual justification I have heard.

Now, a question for you Dilrax: why do you need to know what gender something is on sight? Does it make a difference if a character is male or female and you can't discern which? Does it matter? Why?

I can't think of a logical reason for mandatory sexual dimorphism myself, so I'd like to hear your justification for it.

17. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

technically yes it is being discussed, though it was probably a bad metaphor and comparison on my part, if the initial character sprite features a visible difference in shape or features, like the base game race tech windows, then why make the tech windows unisex if the two genders have this visible difference in body shape? the avali i can understand due to it being their markings but in the case of the humans they have this visible feature difference and the tech reflects that, though the chest difference could be less visible/smaller in the lucario female tech windows, it makes more sense to have the difference displayed then to be ignored.

also to answer your query i'll give you one of my own query's, as i didn't come to argue but to question as to why this trivial debate is so... and why it requires so much thought when it needs none...
    "to a Roleplayer does that not matter regardless of who the player is?, the answer yes, one cant simply be judged and compared to another as each is their own, some are their to just play a game while others may prefer to make a story out of it, its not a matter of personal opinion or preference that might be questioned but the community's as people tend to just flow along with the populace, cannon or not in one way or another its bound to cater to all just as someone is bound to complain about it, it just depends on who is going to complain the most in the end and why it is that they are when both sides of the coin are in play and nether one is picked over the other..." a valid point of view which im sure you would clearly understand.

18. Zancuno

Alright, some bad news for you guys

I hate to say but I have an abusive Step Father who makes me feel worthless. He yells and screams at me for either not doing something or for doing anything I love. He even yells at me for being on this laptop all day. Whenever I confront this man as to how I feel or how he is treating me, he tries to kick me out or forces himself to hold back punches. He wants to control who I am and how I live my life. My interests and opinions are worthless to him. What I love to do in life is worthless to him. He will not learn or accept who I am.

Now he is on the verge of kicking me out of my home, just because he owns it. Everything to him is his way or the highway.

I have a job, I'm paying rent, but none of that matters now. I can't be who I am at home and he is pissed at me for standing up to his abuse.

It has been back and forth for months but he's hit a breaking point when my car needed repairs and we started working on it at home. He treated me like a retard since I know little about car repairs but wouldn't even think that I'm smart enough to figure things out. If I pointed out a problem or I did something right, I didn't know what I was talking about apparently.

My car is a voltzwagon beetle, a foreign car here in the U.S.A. and he doesn't even know how to work on one.

He even wants to argue with me about what a voltzwagon mechanic said about my beetle, that since he made me work on it at home and we had to remove the timing belt and when put back together was cranked out of time, we just messed up the engine. He will not accept this because it came from my mouth. He wants me to tow the beetle to the shop this week, even though I know the beetle's engine was damaged from what I heard when the engine cranked. He thinks that just putting it in time will fix it.......

If the beetle is severely damaged, a new engine would be the cheapest option. This is something I cannot afford....

He will blame me

So........

-sighs-

if I disappear, leaving the mod un-finished.... it's because I don't have a home anymore... most likely be on the streets..

Alright, so I need to work on whatever I can for this mod.

If I post concepts for armors, please take the time to choose in between them. I'll try this time to make them both large and in-game size with no solid lines, all blending nicely.

I may have only so much time left so I need answers as soon as I can. I will even go to other social medias to ask other people's opinions to rack up the votes.

Alright well I will head to bed for now

I finally decided on a ship pet, a jackal since all pokemon pets would go against the Starbound non-cannon lore us modders have put together.

Mackinz likes this.
  19. Mackinz

If that ultimately happens, I'll gladly take on the project in your stead, Zan. I may not finish your tiered armors since I am a mediocre spriter but I will happily maintain your version of the Lucario for as long as need-be.

20. Zancuno

Alright I cleaned up the tier 3 armor design from popular vote and blended the colors
    large image:
    [​IMG]
    In-game size:
    [​IMG]

The Sprites are now in the works as I'm posting this.

Thanatosan likes this.