1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think something like the thin body armor the Elites from Halo wear would be real nice, for the end-tier damage armor spec.
    I'd probably be difficult to make Starbound armor look something like that, due to the lack of pixels :rofl:

I can't wait for the 1.0 release, all your content is new to me xD

mclucario likes this.
  2. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Alright right now it isn't a full release but a WIP version of 1.0 is ready

Update log:
    1.0 V.1alphaWIP

-mod assets updated to 1.0
    -crafting material overhaul due to certain crafting materials not existing anymore in 1.0
    -Mod weapons have their DPS altered to be more fair (no more God swords, over 9000 damage on Materia Blade reduced the fun of the game)
    -Aura Spheres Lv3 and Lv4 have their secondary abilities temporarily removed until they can be fixed
    -Tier 2 Aura Guardian armor added (you might like one dyeable version of the hat mclucario)
    -Tier 1 chest armor sprites fixed
    -Trainer's Sword has been renamed Guardian's Sword

Previous log (for those new or have taken notice of the mod again)

GG V.0.162alpha

-Auracites added to game
    -New Crafting Station special for pokemon move based tools and weapons called Move Chamber added (only aura spheres and aura seekers currently sorry)
    -Aura Crystallization Station added (for making auracites)
    -All aura spheres re-designed and animated
    -All mod swords updated
    -Tier 1 armors added
    -codex update
    -crafting overhaul
    -Aura seeker now only craft-able after creating the Aura Crystallization Station and Move Chamber
    -New crafting material "Essence of Aura" added (costs 10 pixels at Move Chamber)
    -picking up armor, materials, weapons, etc unlocks recipes for other mod exclusives.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I will be working on the mod today to work on armors and other features that need to be added, although armors are a main priority right now ^ ^

How to install:

1.Go to your Starbound file ( PC/OS > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Starbound )
    2.Go to the mods file ( Starbound > mods )
    3.Copy/cut and paste the .zip file underneath the file "mods_go_here"
    4.Extract the mod to this location
    5.The folder that is extracted should say "lucario" and contain the mod assets in it
    6.Move the .zip file to a safe place
    7. Enjoy

Attached Files:

Dilwolf and Mackinz like this.
  3. Dilwolf

:D

Thanks! Can't wait to see the armor, really excited.

Good luck with the armors, in the meantime, Zancuno!

4. ookamisoulreaper

ookamisoulreaper Void-Bound Voyager

Bless your soul for the update Zan!

5. mclucario

mclucario Void-Bound Voyager

I hope that the Steam Workshop upload comes soon.

6. Dilwolf

Hey, Eating either of the berries crashes to the menu:
    No such unique stat effect 'foodheal50' -Pecha
    No such unique stat effect 'maxenergyboost10' -Chesto

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You should rename your mod to something other than just 'lucario', Zancuno. It's not just the original mod anymore.

8. Zancuno

oh wow... I will get on that
    --- Post updated ---
    Well I can see your reasons why. I mean I have made improvements but at the same time I haven't made this a separate mod like your lopunny improvements mod. I am still putting the ownership under Ochiru, so I've left it the same in regards to Ochiru, since he has been busy lately (I could forward you the message Ochiru sent me on that). You could say since I don't own the mod I kinda respect the creator way too much ^ ^;. Afterall that's the reason I call my files "alphas" instead of "betas" because they are not considered official until the mod creator deems so.
    --- Post updated ---
    Still not complete but an error was brought to my attention

It seems the stat boosting coding of the food items have changed so:

1.0 Version 1.01alphaWIP log

-food items were fixed
    -stat booster "foodheal25", replaced with "maxhealthboost20" on berry and "maxhealthboost50" on the drink
    -stat booster "maxenergyboost25", replaced with "maxenergyboostaugment1" on berry and "maxenergyboostaugment2" on the drink
    -stat booster "jumpboost25", replaced with "jumpboost20" (25 values no longer exist)
    -stat booster "runboost25", replaced with "runboost20"

Attached Files:

9. Mackinz

I don't own Lopunny Improvements. I will remove it at the request of Ochiru at any time. However, the mod I have worked on is not the original Lopunny - it's my own edits to it that allow it to function in this day and age and suit my interests in a more developed race mod. Your Lucario are pretty much in the same boat. It's not the same mod as before. It deviates significantly from Ochiru's original plan for, basically, a reskin race. If you plan on ever releasing it, you really should rename it. Something like Lucario Improvements or The Lucarion or something to differ it from the original mod, but still indicate its connection to the original.

10. Zancuno

Still not complete but an error was brought to my attention

It seems the stat boosting coding of the food items have changed so:

1.0 Version 1.01alphaWIP log

-food items were fixed
    -stat booster "foodheal25", replaced with "maxhealthboost20" on berry and "maxhealthboost50" on the drink
    -stat booster "maxenergyboost25", replaced with "maxenergyboostaugment1" on berry and "maxenergyboostaugment2" on the drink
    -stat booster "jumpboost25", replaced with "jumpboost20" (25 values no longer exist)
    Yeah I realize that. I have tried to keep the mod to it's original with only some additions and improvements but I do have to say it is like your lopunny improvements. I mean honestly I rather work with Ochiru and others on the mod because sometimes I can feel like my improvments are a bit... well on my interest sided. I honestly want to help build the mod in a way where not just someone like me is happy with it but with other people's ideals and opinions made the mod universally pleasing. I'm trying not to add personal touches (I leave that to a secret dev plug in mod of mine) and focus on additions that are either suggested or are accepted as something that fits the lucario mod. Although at any time I am ready to change things to meet Ochiru's request. Any time I advertise or talk about this mod. I always try to say that I am a lucario mod modder or a main "contributor". I do not say I own the mod and respect Ochiru's position.

11. Mackinz

That's because you're basically the only one working on it. Ochiru created the originals but stopped updating as the game updated. Now the mod has fallen to you, and it's up to you to take care of it. And with that care comes a new name. So give it one.

12. mclucario

mclucario Void-Bound Voyager

Dude. Ochiru still has copyright on it. He cant just take it and say its his. Stuff doesnt work like that. The sprites are also still owned by Ochiru

13. Mackinz

The mod permissions settings are:

Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

This means anyone can change the mod to suit their needs and redistribute it. People who do that don't even have to mention or thank Ochiru for the original version of the assets.

And if you want to be really technical, Ochiru doesn't have copyright over it. Nintendo and the Pokemon Company do. It's a fan-made mod but it's ultimately derived from the Pokemon Lucario.

14. Zancuno

woh now, I didn't mean to cause an uproar!
    -the forums glitched on me for a while before I figured out how to fix the issue-

Honestly I have no idea what else to name this mod. I am a die hard lucario fan and well because of that would prefer it remain "lucario" so people know exactly what it is. Sure the mod permissions allow me to continue the mod, ship it everywhere, and alter it to my liking although I seriously want to not make this my mod... I mean sure I could own it? but even if I did, I would want to talk to others about this mod. Get feedback from people of the same interests. Then maybe possibly share ideas, talk about shared files, compile the works that other users have made for the mod, and manage the mod in a way that completely makes it better. ^ ^ Hey that's what I've tried to do! I added things to make it better then ended up, updating it in Ochiru's absence. If Ochiru was to come back and want to work on the mod, I would work with Ochiru and discuss it. I wouldn't want to try to make it two separate mods.

I'm pretty sure Mackinz knows what I'm getting at since we both have worked on this mod, updated it, and made improvements. I'm just doing fixes, additions, and updates until Ochiru comes back and can focus on the future of the mod. ^ ^ -raises paws- sorry I have been watching the discussion but... I wasn't able to post till now... -sweatdrops- I ended up dropping my thoughts into this text.

15. Zancuno

errr...... whenever I get done with armors.... I really need to make the berries more useful >.> Mackinz you may have come across this. There needs to be some dishes made with these berries so that they become useful as a filling food. I can farm a ton of these berries but they don't provide much fill and I'm not increasing their food value because that is the basic crop and not a tiered dish.

16. Pony_DK

Pony_DK Intergalactic Tourist

can you put the mod on the Steam Workshop :nuruhappy:

17. Hungry Lucario

Hungry Lucario Big Damn Hero

this has been addressed on the last page read that

18. Zancuno

Alright I have actually been thinking over my armor designs for the next set of armors. Well remember tier3?
    [​IMG]
    Well I have actually revamped the design after much debate about how I wanted it to look. I actually wanted the armor to be similar to tier 2 but with obvious updates. I did use the same colors as the previous one which is the exact coloring of the Titanium ore.

So I give you guys a choice:

Do you want to keep the original or

choose between these two?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'll let you guys choose. Next off it revamping the tier 4 armor and think of how to remake it.

Edit: *Concepts are not Final and Can Have Color Changes to Finish the Design*

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  19. Mackinz

I think that you should show in-game versions of each armor set, rather than a scaled up sprite from an image editor.

Also, the hard black lines have got to go. Only item icons in Starbound use black outlines.

20. Zancuno

I knew I should have put *concepts are not final* in that. Yeah I know. Although I was using the colors that the titanium ore and bar has in game. I plan on lightening them up a little because I had issues and debates with the black pixels over the hard lines making the parts look merged together. If anything those are concepts that I plan to clean up before putting in the mod. I actually wanted to know everyone's opinions on which one they liked before I started on the sprite sheet so you know, I don't do work for nothing.