1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my flashlight...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SecretSmoke, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Rissquette

Rissquette Subatomic Cosmonaut

You do know this thread has been dead for more than a year, right?

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

To add on to the above...

The koala edition you found flashlights almost anywhere. Giraffe edition, not so much.

The loot tables where drastically changed between the versions. Well to a degree. I don't know if you will find another one of the 3 colors that could be found.

Would be nice if you could craft them though, that way, if you loose one you can remake it. Although if that were to happen, i'd imagine it would not be an early on craftable. More or less it might be one thing eventually sold in a shop. wonder if the infinity express will sell one of the three in the future. That would be nice.:)

3. lol00007

lol00007 Space Penguin Leader

You just build a back lantern than it will be easy.:cool:

4. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

They are still more likely to be found in the lush / abandoned mines I believe.

I've never really liked the coloured flashlights, as they seem dimmer than the standard one. The little hand lantern is craftable I believe, but it's way dimmer than a flashlight.

Just be thankful they don't use energy and go out on you at inopportune moments *chomp chomp*

Tamorr likes this.
  5. CharBulbSquirt

CharBulbSquirt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly, this is how I would do it:

1. Go to your starting planet with your flashlight-less character and place a chest or something
    2. Save and quit, make a new character
    3. Take the new character's flashlight and put it in the chest
    4. Delete the new character, go on your old character and open the chest
    5. Enjoy your new flashlight!

Or just use /admin I guess. Whatever works for you!

SeaJay likes this.
  6. Azure_Frost

Azure_Frost Space Hobo

Thanks for the advice!
    Sorry for the necro-post - I used search to find a relevant post, and didn't check the timestamps.. xD

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Rules on necro changed a year back. As long as the topic is relevant and post is relavant its fine. Though saying someone else necrod isnt.

Anyway since you can still loose your flashlight it still has a modicum of relevancy

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  8. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Probably because one was on windows 8 and another on windows 7/linux/wateverelsethereisIdon'tknowI'mnotadoctor

because if I take a coord from windows 8 I'll get the exact same planet, same chest, same stuff in chest

9. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Build one.

Get Manipulator's Table + 16 Cerulium Compound = Supergiant Orb.

:D