1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lopunny Improvements 1.41 (CG)

Hip hop hooray! Ho! Hey! Ho!

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Mackinz submitted a new mod:

Lopunny Improvements - Hip hop hooray! Ho! Hey! Ho!

Read more about this mod...

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Very pretty! I love your version of the lopunny, I used the original for quite some time along with other races and they were pretty nice, but like you I did not quite like the face. If I stumble across any bugs ill make sure to write them here as clean as possible

Mackinz likes this.
  3. Mackinz

As I noted in the OP, I forgot to edit the emotes so they look terrible - don't report that. I am working on a fix for that right now, since my school website is down (and I can't access study materials). I'm also fixing the tail on the body sprites - it's not true to the source material, and I decided to animate it (since it's so small... but it is also hidden by the front arm so...). Also going to extend the arm fluff down a pixel.

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Funny, a school website. Also I admit I wasnt observant enought to notice that the tai lwas hidden, that or I simply forgot about it. Eager to see what else you have in mind friend. Good luck to you!

Mackinz likes this.
  5. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

So after seeing this, I was struck by a bit of silly inspiration, and wrote some, well, silly, npc/dialogue files.

How silly you ask?

I spent most of the time writing a Lopunny Pokespeak generator for all the Lopunny lines to races that aren't Lopunnies. :p

Zip contains only patches for "villager.npc", "converse.dialog", and "flee.dialog". So no fancy tenant stuff here, but if you /admin and /spawnnpc lopunny villager, they'll have lines and at least a 50% chance of wearing clothes. The other 50% they'll be wearing the "nogear" set.

Attached Files:

Mackinz likes this.
  6. Mackinz

I'll take a look at your contribution when I get home, but I know for sure that I am replacing any instance of nogearchest/nogearlegs or whatever with emptychest and emptylegs - two vanilla "blank" clothing. I actually changed the character creation clothing choices to that already.

7. SpaceKGreen

At first I was wondering, "What? Vanilla blank clothing?", but then I dug through the files and found them. Neat. It's also a better choice at the moment seeing as said vanilla items actually have better stats.

EDIT: And now this talk of clothing... I'm getting ideas.

EDIT EDIT: Ideas like this!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. SpaceKGreen

I apologize for a double post, but I have just discovered that I forgot a comma in my dialogue patch, breaking villager dialogue. I've attached a fixed version.

Attached Files:

9. Posting on behalf of @Mackinz:
    So I looked at your files and the suggested text lines and... I don't really approve of them. It might be okay if this game was strictly about Humans and the mod added Lopunny, but Starbound has a translation system established in lore that pretty much makes all languages translatable. Only the Agaran run into issues with the translation as you can see here:

"<Universal Translation error. Language not recognised. Attempting to parse.>"

Why? Probably has something to do with the Agaran being this unknown, new, foreign "race" of beings that has not had time to sit down and establish translations with the people in-charge of the database of this Universal Translation device.

I, being of the opinion that Pokemon would be sentient beings in their own universe, would believe that if a race of Lopunny wanted to understood - then they would be understood. Especially with ship capabilities and what-not. I also... really don't like the cliche codex in the mod as it is. I prefered how I handled it in the Gallavoir mod I have been working on, on and off. No humans involved for many centuries; a unique, independent race with its own culture has developed, only to abruptly be intruded upon by some other race with FTL-capable ships. That is definitely cooler than them just... being human test subjects or pawns. (Speaking of which...)

If I decide to add NPC dialog, it will probably fully customised with how I think the language spoke by the Lopunny would be translated.

For now, however, I finished up the update to Lopunny Improvements. Changes include a fixed AND bouncy animated Lopunny tail sprite, a good set of emotes with optional "Expressive" add-on (based on this mod), a custom namegen file (since the old one sucked), and I edited the codex files. It started off as me attempting to correct Ochiru's grammar as he does not natively speak English, but I completely rewrote the Origins Codex. Older characters will still have the old codices, so you'll have to make a new one to see the new codices - and the new name generator.

You can download the update here for now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-d_0WxqHTFcHg3R0Z5MWJXM0E/view?usp=sharing

10. SpaceKGreen

Alright. The original intent was mostly to act as a filler, anyways. Something so that one could at least admin spawn themselves some Lopunny villagers and have them be a little more interesting than dummies that only say "I have nothing to say to you". The silliness was because, well, I had trouble thinking of lines, I was suffering from a bit of a cold, and it was late at night. I do hope the lines not related to "translation issues" are acceptable, though.

The silly side of me also wants to add, who said the Lopunny wanted to be understood?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  11. Mackinz

Mackinz updated Lopunny Improvements with a new update entry:

Big Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

13. Mackinz

Not even, but that is in the past now.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I... seem to have found a bug, with the lopunny implant display... for some reason it will not show anything, not even the colour of whatever implant is equipped, it worked fine until I got the air implant but ignored it until I got to the cold resistance one, it behaves the same way and will not show whatever is equipped. Other than that, everything seems to be perfectly normal!

15. Mackinz

Found the issue and fixed it. Messed up the file path. Not hard to fix.

Corraidhín likes this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ahh... the tech folder? found it!

17. Mackinz

Mackinz updated Lopunny Improvements with a new update entry:

Tech Sprite Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Looks nice, but personally I wouldn't use such a mod. I just don't feel like playing as a Lopunny. Regardless I just felt like saying I think you've done a good job from the preview images.

Mackinz likes this.
  19. whitekitestrings

whitekitestrings Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when i saw there was a lopunny race mod i got really excited! ....until i saw the sprites. the original art isn't bad, far from it, it's just that it's not a style i personally like.
    i absolutely LOVE the sprites from this mod though, so i'm excited all over again to play as one of my favorite pokemon.

Mackinz likes this.
  20. CJXXxxUnknown

CJXXxxUnknown Void-Bound Voyager

On the off-chance of sounding like a pervert... might I make a request from you Mackinz? I wish I had the skills needed to do this myself, but... I lack the patience to learn and the motivation to do it. Could you possibly make a patch for the Nudity Enhanced mod found on the Nexus Mods forums? I want my female Lopunny character to properly fit into the changed armors. All armors were changed for the females to encase their new bust size. If I may, though, leave out the nipples if you do find the off-time to do it? Lopunny has fur, so you wouldn't be able to see them... I'd like to keep both mods if possible... but I don't like the fact that all armors appear to be slipping off of her.