Modding Discussion looking for "true blocks" mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by eksynn, Apr 6, 2017.

1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i'm looking for a mod that used to allow me to harvest different types of blocks depending on what they actually looked like. if i harvest red dirt they don't automatically become brown dirt. same with cobblestones and other different blocks.
    i used to have this mod, but i can't remember what it was called
    >.< anyone knows what mod this is? (or a mod that does something similar?)

edit: created a related topic: https://community.playstarbound.com...e-unlocking-inventorys-full-potential.131956/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Radiant Worlds?

3. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

how does a mod that adds hues to the primary blocks of a planet allow me to harvest said blocks? o- รด

4. Ultimate sandvich

Ultimate sandvich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure whether there's a mod like this, although this was possible in older versions of Starbound (somewhere in the Koala versions I think). But an easy solution is just to place the block and then pain it in the colour you want. That way you have easier inventory management, and can still use different colours for your materials. The only problem here is that it won't quite look the same I think, espescially with things like cobblestone. It's been quite a while since I actually played the game properly (I enjoy modding it more than actually playing it for some reason, although I've spent countles hours playing it before it was released), so I might be a bit mistaken here.

But if there is an actual difference, maybe somebody could create a mod where you can "paint" the block into it's different variants? This could be done by adding a new tool, or by overwriting the texture and replacing the paint colours by those variants. You wouldn't be able to pain them in different colours anymore though, and you wouldn't actually harvest them, but it's something. Again, I might be mistaken.

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

not really the best way to do it since the paint tool is... very limited on its arsenal of colours
    there was a mod i used up until i lost my computer (i had to format), so i stopped playing for a while and by the time i'm back, and adding all of my mods back in, i remember this mod... but i can't remember what it's called
    xD or what the function's even called

why did CF remove this function?