1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for the drill spear

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Neonir, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

I'm not so much asking for a hard location, but more, the TYPE of location this thing can appear.

It only appears in Tier 6 missions and so I've been star hopping from fire star to fire star, checking every ship/station on the way so as to get as efficient search up as possible.

What I wanna know, is if I'm wasting my time searching space stations/friendly ships or if they have as much a chance of dropping it as hostile ones.

The wiki seems to think that space stations and friendly ships are treated as the same tier as the other encounters in that system for the purposes of everything but food, but I know for a fact they dont drop the levelled salvage or blueprints, which makes me question how accurate the wiki is.

I would just keep searching, but I've searched enough of these things to have made almost 30k pixels just grabbing them outta containers and I'm wondering if I'm an idiot searching the wrong place.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

Seriously, if anyone knows where to find the thing I'd be super keen to hear it

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Space stations and friendly ships are the same tier as hostile ships and anomalies, it's just that stuff where you don't have to fight doesn't include any weapons or mech blueprints, so that you can't just skip right past the progression using that. In terms of what loot they do have, they're definitely tier 6. I found a drill spear on a hostile ship, and haven't found any weapons or mech blueprints on stations or friendly ships, and I've been playing around with the new space content since 1.3's unstable arrived.

4. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

I definitely found a raygun on a space station, but from what I've seen that's a tier 1 possible drop, so I know they CAN drop weapons, I'm just inclined to believe they dont drop tier 6 ones.

I have also not found any t6 furniture in them either, so honestly I dont know what t6 loot they actually drop tbh.

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

As far as I know, stations and friendly ships both drop tier 6 mech parts.

6. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

Nah, not once found a nano receptacle in a friendly ship / station, and trust me when I say that's a LARGE number of stations at this point. Unless you're talking about mech blueprints...in which case....Well, I've not found one of them in a friendly ship/station either, so I think either it's changed or it's really is just t1 drops there.

Again, weapons could be the exception, but since starting this thread I've found 2 rayguns and a stun baton in them, no spear/rifle.

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Huh. That's kind of strange then. Guess there's no real reason to look at friendly spaceships/space stations at tier 6 stars. Unless the amount of non-tier-specific mech parts is higher at tier 6 or something like that.

8. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

That's kinda what I'm wondering, that and pixels, I'm getting piles of 600+ in a lot of these containers....I'm so wealthy but have nothing to spend it on ahahahah....

9. Neonir

Neonir Big Damn Hero

I'm going a bit mental.

I have made over 320k pixels searching now, I have every mech part, every horn (with a duplicate of each horn and part bp) I have two of the rifles, two shock batons, two ray guns, a storage locker full of ores, salvage and augments, I have every space furniture, I have every space costume.

I STILL.

DO NOT.

HAVE THE GODDAMN STUPID NON EXISTANT RIDICULOUS FREAKING DRILL.

I DONT EVEN WANT IT ANYMORE.

I JUST CANT STOP SEARCHING OR IT MEANS I'VE WASTED ALL THIS TIME FOR NO FREAKING REASON.

I WONT LOSE TO THIS POINTED STICK. I WONT.

10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I found it at one point, but make sure you're only searching T6 places.

11. Mirroruniverse

Mirroruniverse Void-Bound Voyager

I've visited so many tier 6 space places so far, on multiple characters, that I've lost count. In that time I've found... one Drill Spear. All I can say is: keep trying, you'll find it!
    Also, you definitely CAN find blueprints, weapons and Nano Receptacles in friendly locations! It's just that in Stable, they're super rare in friendly locations, so I also recommend sticking to hostile ones.