Modding Help Looking for Starbound modder friends!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RabbleRabble, Jan 14, 2017.

1. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Master Chief

I've played almost 400 hours, and that's about the right point to get into modding, yes? But I don't know any modders!

Looking for some buddies -- fellow modders who I can ask quick questions on Steam, help test mods, exchange services, and play Starbound!

I'm very familiar with Lua (programming is my day job), but terrible at artwork. Would love to have both a Lua partner and someone who can help me with art, and I'll return the favor and help you with your code.

2. geckobud

geckobud Master Chief

Hey, I'm game! I'm kind of the exact opposite of you, art's my day job (game art student) and I can hold my own with code but I definitely wouldn't consider myself fluent.

Message me if you want to add me on Steam?

RabbleRabble likes this.
  3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I can't say I code for a living, but at a point I was going to go that path and never did. Instead I make nothing at retail. Probably as decent with LUA as anyone who self-taught themselves a language(in order to mod Starbound LOL). I once was good at math, now rusty. Logic is my strong point though. If I wasn't so ADD, I could be a more productive coder.

I learned C++ before(in a classroom) but I'm beyond rusty and never did anything significant with it anyhow. I'm definitely better with LUA from simple recent practice.

Not so great with art. Better at modifying existing art, except on occasion. It generally doesn't come quite a natural as coding does to me.

But modifying Starbound in general I know a decent bit or can usually find the answer fairly quickly.

RabbleRabble likes this.
  4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ill keep an eye on this, i love participating in active development in any way i can.

RabbleRabble likes this.
  5. Zavender

Zavender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll through myself out there, I'm that weird one that spent all his time making and breaking games on his own. I can't art to save my skin, but I'm moreso skilled at learning. Pickup up html, then JS the next week, which went into a bit of python, lua.. I don't really like to stop until I'm skilled. Projects or tests are always great, do enjoy a good collaboration, even if there's some mentoring going on on either end.

RabbleRabble likes this.