Modding Discussion Looking for someone to draw Houses.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by JunosatoRyu, Dec 30, 2016.

?

How does it sound to be able to build houses or Apartment complexes from just a few Object Modules?

1. Good!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. People who can't even build a house shouldn't play Starbound!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

During the process of making our mod, we stumbled over a way to easily produce a system to Place easily variable Houses, as a means to give less creative players the oppoturnity to form a nice village of kinds around their habitat or on their Spacestation.

Since I am very busy with other parts of the mod I'd like to ask if someone would be interested in helping us, yes there is a team silently working on a nice big mod here, to make sprites for houses and interiors.

When the mod is published, we will of course share this system with the community, but for now, I'd love keeping it a Team thing untill it's fully polished.

What I am looking for specifically would be someone able to make and sprite Outsides and interiors for houses for several themes, applyable to several of the races, or specific ones.

(Only Vanilla races for now, popular other races will get their time to shine later on if the demand is given.)

To my shame I must admit, I suck at drawing casual houses...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yeah I'm not great with that either. I thought about making(haven't made anything) a little mod with objects that just spawn microdungeon type stuff. All the different vanilla houses and such. Mostly because I don't have much creativity in that department. Well I was going to make some original things... shipyard expansions. Where roll out dungeons keep it optional.

Is your stuff going to be in the form of a dungeon, or are you placing it block by block? I know most mods do the block by block method(since it allows for dynamic/scanned content), but I think you get a few good options from having dungeons too.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Neither. They will be pre-made sections in the form of objects. You part them together as desired. Ideally.

bk3k likes this.