Modding Discussion Looking for mods to enliven my colonies

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by 630tiger, Feb 19, 2017.

1. 630tiger

630tiger Phantasmal Quasar

I love to build tenant-populated colonies, but I'd like to have more dynamic citizens. I'd particularly like anything that adds life to the tenants: vehicle interactions, more complex characters, inter-tenant relationships, more roles than the vanilla four, etc. Merchants and guards are useful, and the cooks and villagers can add flavor, but they really don't do very much. I'd ALSO really like to have a large-scale construction mod, something that lets me input a pattern and will build it for me. And is there anything that lets you write your own books, or Minecraft-style signs? I know you can write signs at the Outpost but it's rather cumbersome and the signs don't display what they are in your inventory.

And while I'm asking, is there a mod that lets you make custom teleporter networks? I'd love to sort out my long list of flag sites, and to make a special network between all of my colonies.

And while I'm dreaming... if anyone ever updates that Mass Effect mod, or makes a new one, with ME universe tenants, that would be absolutely wonderful. I would probably try to build the Citadel because I am insane.

2. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

For the construction on a larger scale, probably Base in a Box. I think there is another mod out there that uses a tech to accomplish this. I'm more familiar with BiaB though.