Modding Help Looking for lua scripter for randomgen activeitem tool mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mackinz, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I am not at all capable of handling the scripting necessary to create a series of randomly generated, activeitem tools (i.e. pickaxe, shovels, axes, etc.), and the last person I asked decided he was not interested anymore so I need someone I can rely on who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty with activeitem scripting.

I have numerous ideas on how to take the mod, and I can create art assets and assist as needed, but I have no idea how to begin to implement them. If you are interested, please post a response.

Relten likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

uuh... Make 20,000 versions of everything and put them in a loot table! (Technically could work too =P)

I wouldnt know where to begin, but good luck. I would be interested in such a mod.

Relten and Monijir like this.
  3. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm 'busy' with other stuff, so no luck there. I just wanted to vouch that I've worked with Mack before, he knows his stuff and he's almost frighteningly self motivated.

Relten and Mackinz like this.
  4. Mackinz

Addendum: also looking for activeitem scripter for Halo Ultra update. Please post if interested in helping either mod.

5. Mackinz

Latest blog post has me quite giddy - it features the Nightly's new activeitem pickaxe. The existence of this new item simplifies soooo much, by eliminating the need to develop the tools from, basically, scratch. Again, please post if interested in helping make a cool tool mod!

Relten likes this.
  6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Me thinks getting random generated pickaxes is plausible now. Looking at the activeitem file for them, they seem easy enough to adapt into the randomization format. Though they may still require some workarounds. Their format isnt the same as a weapons, meaning they probably have some background stuff at work.

7. Mackinz

Addendum 2: Also looking for lua scripter that can help me make a one-slot (or two slot) storage object which is discerning (will only accept certain items) and has varying colony tag data based on the item inside. For possible BetterMerchants update.

This brings me up to three requests. Please don't be shy if you find any of my ideas interesting enough to try to make. I will be messing with Nightly modding this weekend for the basics of the tools mod.

Relten likes this.