Modding Help Looking for drawables

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by williamcll, Sep 29, 2016.

1. williamcll

williamcll Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since a lot of weapon mods don't work with vanilla servers, are there any modpacks that includes loads of drawables that would work on a vanilla server? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.

2. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

There was a site before 1.0 http://starshare.ilovebacons.com/ that's no longer available. Some people that makes items have custom NPCs that sell these items, which they sometimes spawn on bigger servers.
    Other than that, I don't really know. Most people keep their creations to themselves and a bunch of other people use scripts to copy their creations without permission.

3. williamcll

I see, is it possible to turn an existing mod item into a drawable?

4. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

For the drawable itself you, can use the drawables generator.
    https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Drawables-Generator

For the actual weapon you'll still have to apply the drawables to an existing item and modify it to make it act like the modded item (which may or may not be a tricky thing to do). I do not know if there are any decent guides for 1.x.

Note that if the mod permissions do not let you adapt or redistribute the assets, you shouldn't do this.

5. williamcll

Thanks for the tiip, guess I have to draw stuff myself. What are the average dimensions for weapons?

6. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Depends on the weapon, but you can check the game assets to find them yourselves.

7. williamcll

Been learning how to import .png files into starbound hatter, thanks for the tip.

Is there any way to apply a drawable on a hovercar?

8. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

I don't know.