RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

Please let me slaughter betsy...

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GARRthePIRATE

Not quite sure exactly how I would do it...
      But I would be willing to look into it.

• GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

Yeah... to fit the SV style it would have to be relatively non-violent. I wonder it could trigger through Marnie? Does SV keep a list of the players named animals? I imagine if so the player could pay marnie to "take care of the animal" for the player. There could possibly be a check on animal type, check full grown then list the names of the eligible player named animals? Just a thought.

RTGOAT likes this.
        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.2:
          • Pierre should now sell level 1 fertilizers during year 1, and then level 1 and 2 fertilizers after year 1.

*If you're using Longevity on an existing game:

• Existing coffee crops will use carrot sprites until they die or are replanted.
          • Existing "Void Mayonnaise" should update properly to function as normal.
            • If you have persisting issues with "Void Mayonnaise" it could be a corrupt object that is avoiding update detection.
            • Newly created "Void Mayonnaise" should function as normal.
          *If you're starting a new game with Longevity:
          • Everything should work as normal or intended.
          • Highly recommended if this is your first time with Longevity.

*Remember to update your content files:
          Always replace your DNPCC and MCM content with ALL new patch content;
          even if there are no formal changes to content files.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
          • Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Honestly, I would love it. It would be a real farm feel. Hell, both would be great too haha. Who wouldn't want bacon to be grown on trees? That would be the life.

I could see the bacon and beef tree/plant be easier to patch in for a quick fix and adding a slaughterhouse in later for any of the livestock (and slimes?) would be an amazing, but time consuming addition for you to.

If I remember correctly, Concerned Ape was originally going to have the ability to slaughter and sell livestock but took it out because it would not fit the SDV mood. I always hoped he would add it in as an expansion.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Aveloren

We'll see, if not, I can add bacon/beef into the game from EMCM as a patch.

I would like to first and see if there are any other issues that arise.

I'm currently working with writers for DNPCD for v1.7.
              And I also need to begin working on v1.6; lots of things to finish up.

Aveloren and GARRthePIRATE like this.
              • worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

The problem with the coffee beans persisted - I took the beans, which emptied the plot, but couldn't plant anything. That's because the coffee plants were still there, invisible! I noticed because my pickaxe moved with the sprite when it destroys a plant. I'm going to plant the beans and see what happens with the sprites.

Also, the void mayo still doesn't work.

Edit: I can't plant the coffee beans I have. I've tried it at several places, but nothing happens. I guess I have to process the beans I have into coffee, sell the rest, and try my luck wiht fresh ones from the traveling cart.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

Send me your save file.
                  I want to make sure that this is an issue even with all systems running properly.

• worldworld

@RTGOAT

Alright, let's see... Ugh, I can't access the save files for uploading for some reason, and neither can I access the files I saved on my desktop. They just don't appear when I try to upload them. Should I copy their content into a text file? Because I can see the error log.

Also, here's the error log for the mean time.

Attached Files:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

A save file would be easiest to reproduce your issue.
                      I also cant confirm that all your other current mods play nicely with Longevity.

The only error I find in your log is a null reference in one of my methods.
                      I think I know the cause of that already though.

Edit: What files do you have loaded into Entoarox's xnb loader?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
                      • worldworld

@RTGOAT

That makes sense. Do you have any idea why the upload doesn't allow me to select the file and how to bypass that problem? I have no idea why but it only displays files with certain file extensions like pdf, txt, jpeg, etc., and the save files apparently don't fall under them.

As for Xnb-Loader, I have
                        However, before I got the xnb-loader and Entoarox's Framework, I used other mods. And I still occasionally use the method of backing up the vanilla files in the main content and replacing them with new files. I guess this might contribute to the mess in my game? My other mods are:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

To attach a save to your post you must first compress those files as a .zip

However, I have a hunch that you've got something mixed up as I wasn't aware that an xnb loader exists,
                          and it is exactly the kind of thing to explain why you're having issues post-patch.

Back up your content folder, remove the xnb loader, then manually apply Longevity v1.5.2 content to your source content (overwrite existing files).

If it still doesn't work, .zip your save files and send to me. This is a black/white issue so I'm fairly positive we're looking for a solution on your end.

Edit: I'm not sure if my mod uses objectinformation from the source content files or from xnb loader's loaded objectinformation.
                          This could also cause issues with other Longevity systems.

• mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

Disabling the pricing changes in the config does not disable it in game. I had to remove longevity to disable the price balancing.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrslowly

Show me what your config file looks like.

• mrslowly

{
                                "Price_Balance": false,
                                "Stamina_Balance": false,
                                "Taxes": false,
                                "NPCClothing": true,
                                "MoreCropsMod": true
                                }

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrslowly

Give me 5-10minutes; I will run some tests and see if I cant find a solution for you.

Edit: Can you describe where you're looking to see that price balance isn't turned off?
                                  (There are many systems in place with price balancing, it helps to know which one is the issue)

• mrslowly

I was looking to buy melon/blueberry seeds at Pierre's, it was 122 still instead of 80.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrslowly

Ahhhh that makes sense! I manually create the shop stocks for MCM, and when creating those objects, I use price balancing to determine their selling price.

I'll need to add price conditions for when price balancing is disabled.
                                      I'll patch this in v1.5.3.

I should have v1.5.3 out with a couple of fixes and additions by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I am not sure why but Longevity seems to make Pierre's shop inaccessible. I'm guessing this is because of the MCM addition, which I opted out of in the config file, but Longevity causes Pierre's shop to say "Out of Stock" permanently for me. Do I need to still install the xnb overwrites even though I don't want to use MCM?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Xuomi

You set MCM to false in configuration?
                                          I'm working on v1.5.3 right now, I'll take a look right now for you.

Edit: I found the issue, this will be fixed in v1.5.3 which will be released tonight (soon).

neopffe and Xuomi like this.