RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (w/More Crops Mod) [@v1.6.5]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Xuomi

Both of these issues should be fixed now.
    I will release it this Sunday.

Xuomi likes this.
    • mrStorrs

mrStorrs Poptop Tamer

@RTGOAT

Hey, I like the idea of your soda's increasing in price and thought I would offer a suggestion. I think it would be nice if most or all Artisan goods offered a similar trait. Or even just lower DR% rates, or none at all. I think i would be a nice addition because it would increase the desirability of taking the extra time to make things like wine, cheese etc. It also make sense with the whole game dynamic since artisan goods in real life are usually always in high demand since supply can never keep up.

Plus it would help make it so your super cool new sodas weren't the odd item out :D

Just an idea. I love your mod. SO, whatever you choose is fine with me !

• RTGOAT

Other artisan goods are product of crops which should function mechanically, the same.

Sodas are a product of trees which require time and money investment.
        They also produce 28 fruit per year which is why this reverse DR mechanic provides incentive to invest in multiple trees of the same kind.
        That or, hold product until enough is saved to reach those DR thresholds.

Appreciate the insight, hope this provides a solid counter argument.

Aveloren likes this.
        • RTGOAT

Longevity v1.6.5h:

Just a quick Sunday hotfix for the two issues reported earlier this week.
          • Soda inventory updates should no longer cause errors with boots, tools, etc...
          • Longevity should no longer attempt to run DNPCD test code (missing file "data.txt" error)...

I've got a busy work week this week and next; I will be around on the weekends for more hotfixing if needed.
          Timeline for future development is a little fuzzy at the moment.
          I will update you guys on progress later this month.

Aveloren likes this.
          • Xuomi

Xuomi Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for the updates and the work you do on this mod @RTGOAT!

Hopefully work goes smoothly for you. I'll be sure to report anymore issues that arise. :)

RTGOAT likes this.
            • kat1004

kat1004 Void-Bound Voyager

Out of curiosity, is there any chance you'd be willing to add a version with EMCM instead of MCM? I love Longevity, but I miss my Iridium trees.

• RTGOAT

@kat1004

I'm looking to release a video to explain my developmental insight to answer these questions more formally.
                However, since I havn't done that....

Longevity seeks to create realism and balance, while not all aspects are always in favor of realism, the goal is still to focus heavy on balance.
                I plan to bring back the meat crops, but I'm thinking of a mechanic, like sodas, to make them unique and not just linear additions.

As for ore crops/trees, I don't much like the idea of allowing the player to avoid the mines and mechanics required to obtain those materials.

If I had more time, and was more flexible with these requests, I may be willing, but as of now, MCM will remain MCM.
                Thanks for the feedback!

Aveloren likes this.
                • Aveloren

Aveloren Starship Captain

Can't wait for that meat! :party:

RTGOAT likes this.
                  • TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Industrial Terraformer

So I've been thrilled with these new crops.

I love the idea of growing Sugar cane and Rice Paddies.

But I noticed that the harvested rice isn't the same as the store bought rice used for recipes.

Was this intentional? Is it possible to use this rice for cooking?

• RTGOAT

@TheLoreSeeker

You are correct, the rice you grow is not the same as store bought recipes.

I didn't intend anything as I've just implemented MCM into Longevity.
                      We'll look to possibly change that up in the future.

Aveloren likes this.
                      • Torrence

Torrence Space Hobo

I just saw this post of yours in the other thread. Then came to take a look here.
                        You've had MCM included for months now without any kind of credit to the original authors, or linkback to the original mod thread?!
                        No mention that it's not the official version, just passing it off as if it's yours.
                        That's not 'annexed'; that's outright stealing.

It's pretty sad everyone here is so nonchalant about using mods from someone who's fine with stealing mods to fluff up their own.

• RTGOAT

@Torrence

I would love to respond with explanation to clear things up for you, however, this is your first post and quite a bold accusation.

I'm under the assumption that you are missing quite a bit of information,
                          so if you, or anyone else, sees this as a problem, stop by the discord and we can talk personally to sort any issue out.

Xuomi likes this.