RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! Looking forward to whatever's to come. :)

RTGOAT likes this.
    • Cereb

Cereb Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I really enjoy the mod! I had a question though is it possible to prevent certain characters from dying their hair? I like how their outfits change but I'd rather they stay the same hair color. I think in an earlier version of the mod you said you would be adding it to a future update, so I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up when installing it.

Thanks for the hard work RTGOAT!

Seismothesaurus likes this.
      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Cereb

Thanks!
        If there are alternate versions of NPCs with their clothes with and without hair dyed, yes.

Sebastian for example has the white v-neck with both his normal hair, and his ginger hair.
        You would just find his normal hair / white v-neck sprite and overwrite his ginger hair / white v-neck sprite.

The other case would be like Leah, as she doesn't have an alternate version of her clothing changes without her dyed hair (red and brown dyes).
        (@IronZelly's work on Leah has many variations with hats, hair dye and accessories;
        she will become the first DNPCD NPC to showcase the relationship between DNPCC and DNPCD)

You'll have to manually change any issues that you can (Sebastian),
        until DNPCD is released allows you influence on NPC clothing changes.

• Seismothesaurus

Technical question... Is snow a discrete weather condition in the same way that rain is? Like for DNPCC, would it be possible to have snow be a clothing trigger?

Assuming the answer is no because snow doesn't interact with crops, but thought I'd ask anyway.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Seismothesaurus

I believe it is and such a trigger could be implemented.
            The only reason I didn't add it originally, is because I figured that most winter wear is worn regardless of snowing or not.

• Seismothesaurus

Thanks for responding. Your reasoning makes sense. I guess I was thinking about the harsh winters where I live and how everyone seems to bundle up a bit more when the snow is really coming down. Or maybe it's just me. :rofl: If you did decide to add that trigger in the future, though, variety is always appreciated!

On the subject of winter, I have another Shane DNPCC look for anyone interested! I added a hat to @Alvadea 's fall scarf and hood design from the last Longevity thread so he would have winter clothes in my game. (She gave me permission to post it--this modding community is so awesome and supportive). My first pixel edit ever but I consider it a joint effort! Thank you, Alvadea. X3

Hood up (outdoors):
              RT_P_Shane_Winter_Outdoors.png RT_S_Shane_Winter_Outdoors.png

Hood down (indoors):
              RT_P_Shane_Winter_Indoors.png RT_S_Shane_Winter_Indoors.png

Attached Files:

• K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly sunflower seeds still buggy... they are now more or less "plantable" in summer.. The seeds number are decreasing from the inventory but no seeds are placed on the ground .They are directly disapearing and you can plant some other seeds on the selected soil-spot...like nothing was planted on the spot.

[I'm using 1.6.4h and SMAPI 1.12]

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this mod add the extra fruit trees from MCM? I'm just wondering because I was going to edit the fruit trees png to change the shape of them, but there doesn't seem to be one. There's a crops tilesheet to extract and edit the png of but there's no fruit tree one. How exactly do the fruit trees work? Is there a way to edit their appearance?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Seismothesaurus

This is awesome work! I'll contact you later about the possibility of implementing your sprites into future Longevity releases.

@K33p Sm1l1ng

I'll look into this. I believe it was confirmed fixed so it would helpful to hear from someone else so you're not a unique case.

@Meevers

MCM uses the same tree sprites as the original vanilla fruit trees.
                    Study the fruit trees data file and tilesheet to understand how sprites/data connect and make your edits there.

If you need more direction/help pm me or stop by my discord.

Meevers likes this.
                    • Seismothesaurus

That would be very cool, thank you!

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to set up other non-seasonal outfit changes? For instance, a different hoodie for Shane after Jojamart closes down, or Haley switching to a more practical outfit if you marry her?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LibraryLass

All possible with DNPCC.
                          I would just need to add the triggers to the file system.

• LibraryLass

So it's not something I could do by just importing the XNBs from an existing graphics mod, then, it's something you'd have to go in and do?

Edit: Also, I know there are one or two mods that have added expanded recipes, would you be interested in a future release adding recipes that take advantage of the MCM crops?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
                            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LibraryLass

You can add your own files to DNPCC, but you are bound by the existing triggers.

I havnt setup triggers in the filesystem that you are askig about, but I could.

I wouldn't mind adding recipes for MCM crops, however, that requires artwork that I cannot do.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

With all this talk of DNPCC additions and recipes for MCM crops (both amazing endeavors as always RTGOAT!), is the re-addition of the meat crops still on the list? The thought of once again growing bacon trees and beef vines is a... salivating one :lickitung:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Aveloren

Just for you mate!
                                  The sprites still exist in the MCM content, I just need to add it to the mod so its in stores.

I almost forgot about it, thank you for reminding me.

Aveloren likes this.
                                  • Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

@RTGOAT

Not a problem. You provide a service to the community and I provide nothing. I wouldn't dream of anything but providing a reminder.
                                    But on the list of demands... :pfff:

RTGOAT likes this.
                                    • LibraryLass

@RTGOAT

I can try my hand at making artwork for additional recipes.

Has anyone else found themselves unable to plant MCM saplings?

Aveloren likes this.
                                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LibraryLass

Yeah, if I have artwork, I'll be willing to figure out how to add recipes.

You have to till the land before you can place saplings. (hoe the ground and place on it)

I'm not sure why this happens.
                                        I assume a hardcoded check on the vanilla saplings to allow them to be plantable without tilled land.

• LibraryLass

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the info!

I'll try and get a few sample sprites together this week, see if they're up to standards for you.

RTGOAT likes this.