RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much! :)

RTGOAT likes this.
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.3:
      • Disabling MCM should no longer cause Pierre's shop to be empty.
      • Disabling price balance should reflect vanilla prices at Pierre's shop.
      • Other small bug fixes and optimizations.

New DNPCC Content (Big thanks to @IronZelly):
      • Winter outfit for Sebastian (w/indoor and outdoor)
      • Winter outfit for Penny

[​IMG]
      *Remember to update your content files:
      Always replace your DNPCC and MCM content with ALL new patch content;
      even if there are no formal changes to content files.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
        neopffe likes this.
      • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry to report another problem.

I started a fresh game and didn't receive a tax summary on the 15th of Spring, and I also received no tax on 1st of Summer for my progress in Spring either. I do have taxes enabled in the config.

Edit: I can give you a list of the mods I use, but I don't think I've ever had an issue before. I also don't know if this will matter but I did remove Longevity from the game files briefly when I was checking to see which mod was causing the issue with Pierre's shop being empty.

Edit2: I edited my game file to go back to Spring 28th and when I saved into Summer 1st my taxes finally came, but they were extremely cheap (only 700). Not sure what happened.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
        • griszztly

griszztly Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT Sorry took so long to get back to you. I'd incorrectly installed the Mod.

At the moment I'm experiencing the same issue as @Xuomi

My wife and I are playing in tandem, she on a Windows machine and I on a Mac. Both of us are using default values in the config.json

She didn't get the tax summary at day 15 but did get the tax deduction on the 28th.
          I didn't get the tax summary on the 15th and also did not get the tax deduction on the 28th.

Checking the config.json taxes are set to true, so not sure why this would skip us.

I had Robin upgrading my house, and overnight on the 28th was when it completed.
          Not sure if that has anything to do with it (I suspect not, but I'd rather provide you with more information, than less).

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Xuomi

It should have been higher than 700 (700 is the base fixed cost for non-upgraded farmhouse),
            but when you started Summer, it reset the variables that hold your variable costs for that month/season.

@griszztly

I've had reports of taxes not popping consistently before.

My initial thoughts were a mod conflict interrupting the trigger (it is hard to reproduce as I've tried hard to make it not pop, but it always has for me),
            however, my girlfriend just experienced the issue and she only runs Longevity so I'm thoroughly convinced it is an issue on my part.

I will look into a fix, or I'll change the entire trigger if needed for v1.5.4...
            In the meantime, lets blame Lewis for not doing his job!

GARRthePIRATE and Xuomi like this.
            • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

'cmon Lewis!

RTGOAT likes this.
              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.4:
                • Taxes should now work consistently.
                • Taxes will now trigger when leaving the farmhouse for the first time instead of during the overnight menus.
                  • Summary will still be on the 15th, and expenses will still be on the 1st.
                  • Be careful not to preemptively close the tax report; any mouse click when the menu is up will close the menu.

*Remember to update your content files:

Always replace your DNPCC and MCM content with ALL new patch content;
                even if there are no formal changes to content files.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.5:

When changing the way taxes are triggered,
                  I forgot to apply a condition that solved an old bug causing taxes to trigger on the first day of a new game.

I quickly found this in my new play-through just now.
                  This issue should now be fixed, sorry for any inconvenience...

*Also, I wanted to invite any artists to work on sprites for new crops.

If you're interested in helping to expand MCM, contact me through the forum or on discord.

Androxilogin likes this.
                  • qsato

qsato Seal Broken

I'm getting the following error while opening certain shops, for example the travelling salesman

[21:17:42 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
                    System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
                    vid Longevity.ShopStock.CheckShopStock()
                    vid Longevity.Main.MenuChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    vid StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) i D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:rad 57
                    [21:17:43 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
                    System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
                    vid Longevity.ShopStock.CheckShopStock()
                    vid Longevity.Main.MenuChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    vid StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) i D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:rad 57

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.6: [@qsato]
                      • Fixed an issue that would result in null reference errors when shopping with a non-NPC vendor.

Beta Testing:

These last few patches were released to resolve small and simple bug issues; normally these things would be addressed during testing,
                      but I am limited on time and cannot test as thoroughly as I could previously.
                      Because of this, I would like to invite anyone interested to beta test future Longevity releases.

As a beta tester, you would have a direct connection to help influence the improvement and the direction of Longevity.
                      If you're interested, contact me for more information...

*Thank you for your bug reports and patience!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
                        Trina Van Hawkins likes this.
                      • waffelbro

waffelbro Void-Bound Voyager

MR. Goat!

I would just like to say that I absolutely love this mod and your work. I am crazy excited to play it after I am done with my current challenge: The 5th Candle, series found HERE. I mention this mod in it, I believe in episode 3.

I plan on playing the same challenge, but with your lovely mod hopefully version 1.6 or 1.7 depending on your progress. (going to have to make it two years instead of 1)

Aside: What are your thoughts on a gypsy re-roll mod (paying increasingly more money to re-roll the items found on the gypsy)

Thank you again!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@waffelbro

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback :) I'll be sure to check out the series!

v1.6 is scheduled for release next weekend, however I've recently signed up some beta testers so I may give them extra time to test.
                          If it is in your benefit, waiting until v1.6 is released would be a solid idea. (the info menus will be really helpful for strategists)

Also, because it is being delayed, I may incorporate DNPCD within v1.6 instead of a v1.7.

A gypsy re-roll mod is interesting. I like the concept and could very well implement it,
                          however, I argue that 2 times a week does a fairly solid job considering there are only so many things she can sell.

Everything is constrained by my limited time; if I have extra time, I'll look to implement these kinds of extras.

• piitonttu

piitonttu Void-Bound Voyager

Hello dev, I have question about negative money
                            SDV1.png
                            So this says -65k, so after this I check my money
                            SDV2.png
                            and wallet says it is -35k, so is it game mechanics that you can't have more than -35k or is it just some bug?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@piitonttu

Could you do a quick test to determine if you're -65k or -35k?

• piitonttu

piitonttu Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT
                                Test result: -35k
                                well I need to sell about 35k to get positive and buy stuff so I am at -35k. And I skipped to 1st of winter with low cash so it would be negative, I should have been -30k and I was -15k and same result.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@piitonttu

I'll look into it!
                                  Currently working on v1.6 so I'll need a little more time.

Until then, just use the wallet total for reference.

• Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

I'm excited to see who else gets seasonal clothing (especially winter! My immersions!) c: I'm loving the ones that're available, although i wound up editing the majority of Jas' so they would match Dae's redesigned Jas (lemme know if youd like the edits or not).
                                    Also I don't know whether its because I'm using a sprite mod or not, but I've noticed that both Jas and Alex have broken animations- Jas when she's skipping rope and Alex when he's tossing his gridball in front of his house.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
                                    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Balentay

I appreciate the offer, however, the point of the filesystem is to allow you to customize DNPCC to your liking.
                                      Glad to see that you've made use of it.

I've noticed the issue of animations being stuck on a single frame in my own play-through.
                                      I've already been looking into it and should hopefully have it fixed in v1.5.7.

Lastly, look forward to some really great work from @IronZelly coming out for Leah in v1.5.7.

I should have a release by this Friday-Sunday.

Thanks!

Androxilogin likes this.
                                      • waffelbro

waffelbro Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT

I talk about you in my latest video! please check it out!

Stardew Valley: The 5th Candle Episode #5

RTGOAT likes this.
                                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@waffelbro

Love the content; I look forward to your future play-through challenge with Longevity.

As for you other content:
                                          • I'm a pretty avid LoL player. I was diamond 1, but last college semester is time consuming. I'll get back into it when I'm done...
                                          • I finished champion in RL as this season just ended, I would be interested in running content with you if you needed...
                                          • I would be interested in running a multiplayer challenge with you for SDV if you needed/wanted people to do it with...

Stop by my discord sometime if you're interested: https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w