RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

To clear any potential confusion, Longevity is the mod title for DNPCC.

As of now, Longevity runs independent of xnbs so any xnb mods are compatible.

v1.5 will introduce 'MoreCropsMod' which will be dependent on a select few xnbs,
    so compatability will vary.

• worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT Okay. I guess the only time the mods would conflict was if I activated the clothes - I've put them on 'false' from the start. And thank you for taking the time to reply!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

DNPCC will not conflict with your xnb edits.

It will change the sprite/portraits of NPCs, but will do so independently of your edits.
        If you have NPC edits, it may look a bit odd when they change, but it will still work.

• Rek

Rek Tentacle Wrangler

With Get Dressed now defunct, this might be an opportunity for its functionality to be included in your mod set.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Rek

I'm only one person with a long list of to-dos.
            It would be put at the end of my queue which is quite sometime from now.

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Finally I found some time to continue my work on Shane. I made a few colour-changes at the first version I've already shown here. And now there are matching sprites. :D

Fall Outdoor/Indoor + Portrait Winter Indoor:
              RT_P_Shane_Fall_Outdoors.png RT_S_Shane_Fall_Outdoors.png

Fall Outdoor Rain:

RT_P_Shane_Fall_Rain_Outdoors.png.png RT_S_Shane_Fall_Rain_Outdoors.png

Spring Outdoor Rain:

RT_P_Shane_Spring_Rain_Outdoors.png.png RT_S_Shane_Spring_Rain_Outdoors.png

Let me know, what you think. :DD

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
                Roth, Ailin, Meevers and 7 others like this.
              • Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry I haven't done any work on the sprites I said I would. Work and other projects took all my attention (haven't even played Stardew in two months). I'll try to at least send the files I do have finished soon.

Anyway, the sprites everyone else have been posting look really good!

RTGOAT likes this.
                • IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

3/24/2017 progress update on my next contribution to DNPCC:
                  Got the portraits made. Working on the sprites for Leah's fall outfit now.
                  Also making it compatible with the previous seasonal hair-dye triggers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
                  Long-brim fedora from the city or the classic straw cowgirl hat for the countryside?
                  Wanted a hat that could embrace Leah's inner hipster (Anne of the Green Gables) look, ended up with two hats.

Personally think she looks like a detective in that fedora when talking on the phone. :rofl:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
                  Debating whether I should include this or not. Scarf was mostly a last minute addition.
                  Don't want her to look overdressed, but also want to include variety. 'Think I enjoy dressing up fictional characters a little too much. :(

I'll leave it up to a vote.

For convenience's sake, should the scarf a) only be worn during a rainy day or b) become a separate trigger like with the hats?
                  Alternatively, should c) this batch replace the outdoors variant whilst the variant with the dress+jacket becomes the new indoor variant?
                  Or even d) ditch the scarf all together? :scissors:

Please let me know what you guys think. I'ma enjoy a cuppa hot chocolate. :coffee:

Roth, Ailin, FantabulousFelix and 7 others like this.
                  • Alvadea

Oww I really like Leah with this black hat. :D Suites her a lot.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@IronZelly

Awesome work!
                      On the behalf of myself and the community, we appreciate you for making such good content for DNPCC.

Cant wait for this to be finalized and released in Longevity :)

• Gracelessdance

Gracelessdance Void-Bound Voyager

I remember forever ago there was a thread of 'Things I wish would be in the next update' like right after the first one- and THIS IDEA was on the list. It is one of my top three along with the community center actually DOING something and Kids growing more. Like, more more the world changes- with the season and with TIME the more it feels like a life not a game.

That was always my favorite thing in Animal Crossing, knowing it was raining and getting to see what umbrella each villager would choose, and like how that fit into their personality. And I always wondered as I ran around without one- did they think I was weird?

I would like to say I like the idea of Villagers have seasonal clothes- but not holiday clothes.... you know? You don't dress for xmas all of winter, or halloween all of fall. That doesn't mean that the fall sweater can't be orange/purple and the winter one can't be heavier and red/green but for all of summer don't red/white/blue them or keep them in a bathing suit the whole time you know?

I'm sorry I can't be of much help- I've only ever made portraits for myself, and they are not vanilla style :rofl:
                        But I'm sure excited to see the MOD you guy put together~ A dream come true.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Gracelessdance

Seems you've only told me that I've done a poor job marketing my mod. :p

Follow Longevity as this is DNPCC, a module within my main mod.
                          It is highly customizable and allows you full control over when and which clothing is used.

Best part, its already available and still being updated/added to.

• stardew2010

stardew2010 Space Hobo

Can anyone briefly explain how these mods work do you have to put them in a certain location to work? ive put the manifest and config file in every folder and it still wont rotate the portraits.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@stardew2010

Did you see the directions?

Just put Longevity in your SMAPI mod folder.
                              Then copy the contents of the MCM folder to your game's content files.

If you're still lost you should review a "how to install SMAPI mods" tutorial/video.

• xLast

xLast Void-Bound Voyager

Works with 1.2?
                                SMAPI 1.10/1.11/1.12?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@xLast

Yes, refer to the Longevity thread as this one is no longer relevant for updates.

• FantabulousFelix

FantabulousFelix Poptop Tamer

I don't have anything useful to contribute to this thread, so I apologise for that, but I am absolutely blown away by how great all of these sprites/portraits are and wanted to let you all know that you're doing a wonderful job.
                                    and I also love you guys

Seismothesaurus, Alvadea and Minakie like this.
                                    • Alvadea

After getting a lovely "wakeup"-message from @Seismothesaurus , I finally finished my winterclothes for Shane, laying around nearly completed quite a while. :laugh:

RT_P_Shane_Winter_Outdoors.png RT_S_Shane_Winter_Outdoors.png RT_S_Shane_Winter_Indoors.png

In the 7z-file there are also all the other portraits and sprites for Shane, I showed in these thread before.

In the meantime @Seismothesaurus did a very nice winterversion of Shane, too, which can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...5-v1-6-w-more-crops-mod-v1-6-4.131220/page-10
                                      So you can choose now. Or change every second winter his appearance. xD

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2017
                                        Ailin, Meevers, Minakie and 2 others like this.
                                      • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this puffy coat! I will have to fit it in somehow. Ahh, so many options! Thank you!

Alvadea likes this.
                                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

What about using 1 for fall and one for winter?

@Seismothesaurus' seems a bit lighter than yours @Alvadea

You both should stop by my discord if you're interested in committing more content!
                                          (DNPCC could really use some new content, and DNPCD is in development)