lol "mod support"

Discussion in 'Other' started by affsd, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

You could put a pillow on the ground next to it if you really, actually cared about the vase.
    Or perhaps, set it on the ground, but then it looks retarded.

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

*steals the pillow*

D3RSkully and Zoolot like this.
  3. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

That is a perfect metaphor for bypassing anticheats.

D3RSkully, Zoolot and WoxandWarf like this.
  4. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Thats my point, but then you still can't predict if someone (cheater/hacker/coder) walks over thinks it sucks or could be better then smashes it on the ground, or throws it... And the pillow(anticheat) does nothing but prevent a single outcome. Yes, you could always be super strict (put it in a display case) and prevent people from touching the code but that doesn't work in the end.

5. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

At least the pillow will stop wanna-be vase-breakers who can only push it off
    No, a metaphor for that would be an idiot vase-owner installing a robotic arm that will shatter the vase when remotely activated

6. Pentarctagon

For a game which hasn't come out, which won't have a mod api until after launch which we know very little/nothing about how its implemented, and we don't even have even close to the whole story on modding in general.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

someone made that argument ten minutes ago

8. Pentarctagon

And yet you're still complaining about it.

9. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

i am?

10. Pentarctagon

Complaining about features that we know almost nothing about is pretty much the basis of this entire thread.

StarshiyLeytenant and WoxandWarf like this.
  11. D3RSkully

D3RSkully Void-Bound Voyager

I think you should wait and see. I personally think the mod makers will do all they can to make the game safe for people to play without hacks, however every game at some point will be hacked one way or another.

You just have to give it a change to see if it will be amazing, or the modding is bad. I personally think modding will be amazing in this as it opens the idea to new planets. There is always good things and bad things and in the words of doctor who.

Their are good things and bad things, the good things dont always sort out the bad things but vice versa the bad things dont hurt the good things either.

12. Zoolot

Thats where the vase metaphor came in. The pillow would only stop one iteration of pushing, not all of them.

13. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Here is my point for all of you who are confused
    I am worried that this game will be flooded with skids/wanna-bes that download a hack client that someone made and wrecks servers that don't have an anticheat because you can't make one or at least we don't know if you can make one or not.
    The pillow metaphor doesn't work completely. A real anticheat is supposed to block many hacks, or all of them. A good one would be a safety glass frame that lets you see it but not break it.
    Oh yes I did

AsdfUsername likes this.
  14. D3RSkully

Then let them mess up their games for themselves. Is it really going to affect you? If they cheat and it does, report them to the admin or owner of the server you play on. Maybe they will help you out. You can't just say "Its not gonna work, cause of this, this and this." Especially as the game isn't even in beta yet!

15. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Because it WON'T work! If they cheat, THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK. Worst case scenario- IP ban. Move to the next server and keep griefing. I think this game has potential and I don't want it ruined by hackers who think they are C00L OR 1337.
    Ownage, the creator of Xenon, too. Just a fun fact.

AsdfUsername likes this.
  16. Pentarctagon

So wait for more information to be released, so you could actually make an informed argument on the topic.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  17. D3RSkully

You don't even know if it will be, you can only think.

Well wait and see, if you think over everything, there will be no pleasant or un-pleasant surprises in your future. Which is the only thing most people have to look forward for in these troubled times.

18. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

19. Zoolot

The glass frame is over protective and equates to blocking the source code. multiple pillows or a shag rug might be better.

Also, would I be correct in thinking AsdfUsername is another of your accounts? its kind of fishy that a brand new user decided to talk in this thread.

20. Pentarctagon

So... wait for information to be released.

Zoolot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.