1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Lodish's new art thread - Long live the King

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lodish, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my God, it's amazing I love it, but I was kinda hoping Witch would be doing witch-y stuff, y'know? Maybe like riding a broom with a cauldron hanging off the end and Witch holding a wand that's sparking purple magic stuff. But if you're unable to do that, I'll totally understand and will settle for a much simpler request. (Also I know I may be asking for a bit much, and sorry if I am, but could you also make his hair a bit longer in a sorta-emo-fringe so that it covers one of his eyes a bit?)

Lodish and Firebird Zoom like this.
  2. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

14572372_184960978614956_2289100657124038731_n.jpg

Challenge accepted.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

And that's how to scare and confuse someone at the same time.

Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  4. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Doot doot sunday update!

@Witch Cat Is that better?
    witchcat's_rq.png

Yup that's it, not much content for today.

But wait! There's a spoiler just ahead!

What could it contain!?

intro1.png
    intro2.png
    intro3.png

Ah, it could have started so well...

Welcome to Lodish's unnamed comic! This comic is largely inspired by Vurrunna's awesome Ask Laurence thread (go read it, if not done already); I wanted to have some practice with as many expressions, characters and situations, so an user-based comic seemed like the best idea.
    The story is entirely based on the viewers' input, you will be able to ask questions to the characters (because there will be quite a handful, of all goes well), and the story will evolve around these questions!

Feel free to ask anything, even your darkest questions that are too awful to be asked to anyone the most unexpected questions! Forget about the fourth wall too, it has been demolished already to make some space.

This comic will be updated on a weekly basis, on sunday's update; any question that isn't answered in time will be done for the next update.

Oh, and about the name.
    I'm not even kidding, I don't have a name for it.
    This is the folder I'm using right now -> gvfrd.PNG

If you guys can be kind enough to find one, I'll really appreciate it ^u^ (and this vali will stop mocking me)

As a side note, requests have been slowed down quite a bit for this project, because: 1) That's a pretty long introduction, and 2) I had to learn a lot of stuff on the fly. (I had to sit five hours straight on my chair only to colour the whole thing, if I had more practice I could have delivered this update two hours sooner.)

Well, I guess that's it.

And now... It's time to sleep. :zzzweetdreams:

5. Witch Cat

Much better, thank you so much! Though I mean, replacing the jacket with a billowy and slightly oversized black hoodie miiiiiiiight be a slight improvement. And like, just have normal black jeans for pants could work, and black and white sneakers with a black witch hat on his head with a single purple stripe going around it near the base would also be nice. Yeah, I'm really sorry for not mentioning these little details beforehand. Tell me if I'm forgetting to tell you anything else so you don't have to constantly go back to edit everything.

And also, how about calling the comic "Lodish's Legends" or "Ask Lodish"?

6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

How about this: "What video game protagonist would you rather be?"

Lodish likes this.
  7. BigBlueFish

BigBlueFish Void-Bound Voyager

Hey lodish can you draw my starboard character ill try to get a picture but if I can't here's a description He is a pink apex with green skin wearing a bee hat, bee chestplate. and a red speedo thx

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I can't do names! I'll just go with @Witch Cat 's idea. I like 'ask Lodish'.

I also have a question. Do you eat potatoes? If you do, do you like them plain, baked, or mashed?

I'd also like to change my request. Do you think you could do a picture of an Avali with his arm around a human, like they're friends? Maybe smiling like one of those family photos.

Firebird Zoom, Lodish and Witch Cat like this.
  9. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

6155661+_c3df16f853eb7a329456ca1617f43c6a.jpg
    Lmao dude check it out I have a different version of that pic in my Reaction Images folder.

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Okie doke, this'll be done!

Will do!

Sure thing! :avalibleh:

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Thanks Lodish!

12. BigBlueFish

Nice

13. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Quick impromptu update! @Witch Cat does it look better that way?
    witchcat's_rq.png

14. Witch Cat

a slightly larger hat would be nice but other than that
    [​IMG]

BigBlueFish, Lodish and Firebird Zoom like this.
  15. BigBlueFish

Hey Lodish how is Witch Cat's request going?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  16. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Fairly well, I should be done by the end of the week if all goes well.
    I'll post an update later today anyway :catnod:

17. BigBlueFish

Cool I love seeing what great artists can do

18. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Chirp! Wednesday update!

Here's my almost finished entry for the Monthly event, I've been struggling a lot with this dude's lineart...
    wizurd.png
    Not gonna lie, I don't like how it turned out. The lineart takes so much time that, once you're done with it, you've already lost the original idea behind the drawing. I'll learn from my mistakes, I guess.

Don't you mind if I do some experiments on your request, @Witch Cat ? I'm trying to see if I can draw without a lineart, for the aforementioned reasons >w<
    witchcat's_rq.png

Here's how it looks without the sketch, only with simple (pre-detailing & shading) colours:
    witchcat's_rq_sketchless.png
    Looks much cleaner, eh? :catnod:

And finally, a semi-detailed sketch of a vali adventurer for an IRL friend, who is about to get the same no-lineart treatment (the vali, not the friend :nurutease:)
    avali_adventurer.png

That is all for today, I hope everyone enjoyed!

Until then! :zzzweetdreams:

Why am I always so productive when I should supposedly be sleeping?

19. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Because you are just being that way.

Lodish likes this.
  20. Witch Cat

Yeah dude, go wild! My only request is that it turns out good, and I'm a 110% sure it will