1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

List all the cool things you found in ocean planets

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The MechE, Jul 31, 2015.

1. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

I'll go first:

haha, but seriously, what would you guys like to see added to ocean planets other than Hylotle? Personally, I'd like to see secret underwater dungeon bases, where if you find the secret passage inside, it starts a quest or something like "Discover the terrible truth of the sea." Maybe the scientists/whatever are doing something dangerous down there, and you need to stop them!

Another idea would be the option to upgrade your boat into a submarine using tech that is only capable of being found on oceans planets.

Fish gear that made you swim faster would also be cool.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

That sounds really cool. I love discovering terrible secrets in games!

I'd like to find crashed ships or maybe sunken cities that had been built on the surface but slipped into the sea for various reasons. Searching semi-flooded ruins is awesome! (As long as you don't have to worry about a giant WEAPON waiting for you as soon as you pop out...)

The MechE likes this.
  3. Peppersnap

Peppersnap Big Damn Hero

unagi!
    yum fish!.jpg

4. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh hey there's the other video game source of my fear of deep water.

We need to put it in. So I can worry about that popping out at me. :D

Peppersnap likes this.
  5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I found a water pistol once that actually spawned water.. That's it.

6. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

No. We didn't experiment anything dangerous. :cautious:

Anyway, a secret underwater could be great indeed.

7. justbeast

justbeast Industrial Terraformer

I've enjoyed the handful of ocean floor microdungeons that's been put into Nightly. But of course want more!
    (So far, I've found a few seafloor caves, and some small flooded ruins with columns and pots and amphoras.) And bigger dungeons!

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I actually just started building something on an ocean planet. The islands make it a difficult challenge. The coolest thing I've ever found, however, would have to be a large fish. It was gray and looked extrmely similar to a shark.

10. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Found some kelp, made a killer salty salad!

The MechE and The Squid like this.