1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Linux64 Fails to start

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by necrogami, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Jansen

Jansen Aquatic Astronaut

Hi noobidoo,
    yes it should still work. See this thread for more details about what the patch is doing.

2. Traced

Traced Aquatic Astronaut

I repatched via my CentOS box today and didnt have an issue. Playing now. BTW if you don't collapse your screen you must kill the process (ps) of the Starbound server. It lingers even after using quit. Then run the update and verify, repatch with Jansen instructions, then run.

3. Saxxon

Saxxon Space Hobo

It appears there is no newer kernel for Centos 5 / RHEL 5. I am running Centos 5.10 (final) with kernel 2.6.18-371.3.1.el5xen as well. According to the link below its Build date: Thu Dec 5 21:06:54 2013

Looks like that's about it for Centos 5 / RHEL 5. Don't really want to rebuild my server to fix this ;(

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/centos/updates/5.10/x86_64/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-371.3.1.el5.x86_64.html

4. Traced

Traced Aquatic Astronaut

I might be asking a dumb question but what is wrong with CentOS 6.x?

5. Skyrant

Skyrant Intergalactic Tourist

This is not working any more for me with the latest version i got from steam. Any chance of getting this to work again?

6. Jansen

Jansen Aquatic Astronaut