1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Limit on party members ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MusicBoxThroughTime, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MusicBoxThroughTime

MusicBoxThroughTime Void-Bound Voyager

I remember before the 1.0 update I could fit all of my friends into one party (5). Now that update 1.0 is out I cannot be added to the party and feel left out since it looks like its capped at four. Any reason to this?

2. LunarAster

LunarAster Master Chief

The Devs did say that Starbound was meant to be played as/with 1-4 players. Otherwise, I myself can't commentate on this as the biggest party I've every played with was 3.

3. kalez

kalez Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you are playing on a server, in the server config file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound_server.config), I saw a setting for it ("maxTeamSize" : 4,). I have set mine to 8, but I am waiting for my friends to come online to see if it works as it implies.

Otherwise, if they are joining you in your world, the same setting is in starbound.config

4. MusicBoxThroughTime

MusicBoxThroughTime Void-Bound Voyager

Nice thanks for that