1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Likely hood of Starbound for Mac?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Xaol, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaol

Xaol Master Chief

I know Terraria was never officially ported to Mac, but does anyone know the likelyhood (I know it may be too early to ask) of this game being released in an official Mac port?
    Just curious, as it seems from the screenshots graphic-wise most macs would be able to run this.

2. Flowless

Flowless Void-Bound Voyager

In the FAQ section, they pointed out that the game would be available in PC, Linux and Mac.

So I guess you can say it's planned; but I'm sure it's safe to say that it's not set in stone till the game is deeper into development.

3. Xaol

Xaol Master Chief

Sweet, thanks. That is good news to Linux and Mac users everywhere! Looking forward to this game for sure.

4. Twi

Twi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Let's hope that it does have Mac support in the end. Last thing we need are threads complaining about no mac support.

5. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I can see it being released on Windows initially and then released to other OS's however I simply don't know.

The Dev team might just go all out and even include Ubuntu from release (along with every other OS known to man)

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We are planning both Linux and Mac versions to be available at launch. Kyren uses Mac, and I use Linux.

Locking as answered.

frank3558, MrHiggle, Stryke12 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.