1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED LightningOres 0.1.5

Ores glow very brightly in the dark/fog.

1. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

majk submitted a new mod:

LightningOres - Ores glow very brightly in the dark/fog.

[​IMG]

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

4. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

i'm not actually mad, just a little crazy ;)

but seriously, that you've dissected one of my mods to learn how to mod is an honor.
    that's how i learned to mod, by looking at what others had done and how they did it.

i actually even had a person ask for just the ore glow part, so you're filling a need.

edit:
    added a link to this mod in the "ore glow" section description of my ore tweaks mod :)

edit2:
    if you want, feel free to include my patches as a 'dim' version so people can choose which lighting variation

also a bit of advice, people like pictures - should add a screenshot to OP so they can see what it does

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    majk likes this.
  5. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a programmer in other areas I still felt deeply ashamed to be reminded of it - so I must apologize for my mistake. :)

In any case, I did learn something from your mod so I am glad I found it as an alternative to the old Illuminated Ores package which did not work anymore.

And that's not a bad idea, I could add your dimmer version into it in the next version when I wake up later. And also include the blue ores you made for choices. I'll link your mod in my description in the meantime so it's available for comparison.

LoPhatKao likes this.
  6. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

majk updated LightningOres with a new update entry:

New look on platinum ores and inclusion of Vanilla Ores mod

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. dracolich_zero

dracolich_zero Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i like your mod it makes mining less of a haggle, but you see i use frackin universe and that mod adds a lot of ores not included in this mod, so how do i go about adding those so that this mod uses them? do i replicate the files and change the names to the ones of the other ores? thanks :)

8. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty much, yes. To add ores you just need to replicate the names into the lua-file and set the glow to the same variables.

9. TonioLeParigo

TonioLeParigo Void-Bound Voyager

very nice, thanks.

But silver and tungsten ores don't glow for me.

What should i do to fix this?

EDIT: i fixed silver ores by changing the name from "silverore" to "silver"

i tried to create a "tungsten.matmod.patch" by duplicating some other one and renaming it, but that did not work, as i expected... even made the game crash during opening.

EDIT 2: ferozium and durasteel don't seem to glow either

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  10. fizbin

fizbin Orbital Explorer

did you create a file in both the Glowing folder and tiles/mods folder? I noticed this issue and was able to make durasteel glow but have not tested it with ferozium.
    NOTE: each folder's file has differing values.

Recap: In the Glowing folder, I copied the gold.matmod.patch and renamed it durasteel.matmod.patch. Then went to tile/mods folder, copied the gold.matmod.patch file there and renamed it durasteel.matmod.patch. Worked like a charm. I suspect you only grabbed one of the folder files but not both.

Holly necro, I hope this helps (someone?).

11. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here lately, I will fix this addon during the week and re-upload so that all new ores work.

12. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

13. majk

majk Scruffy Nerf-Herder