Modding Help Lighting Effect on a Weapon?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ConsPark, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ConsPark

ConsPark Big Damn Hero

i'm trying to add a light source to a weapon I'm making as part of a Starbound modding learning exercise. A lightsaber, specifically, because hey, it's easy.

I've tried utilizing a statusEffect as per this thread, but to no avail. I also tried the "light" code from torches, and again to no avail.

Is there yet a known way to pull this off? Some quick forum searches aren't yielding anything relevant.

2. FoolsPower

FoolsPower Subatomic Cosmonaut

Code:
      "statusEffects" : [
        {
          "kind" : "glow",
          "amount" : "1"
        }
    1 is quite a large glow radius though (about 5-8 blocks each direction from item) so you might want to lower it to something like 0.5 or less depending on how you want to glow.

Ghoul159 likes this.
  3. ConsPark

ConsPark Big Damn Hero

Using the glow statusEffect yields a generic item when it works otherwise. :<

4. sixxes

sixxes Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this with my lantern mod to make the lanterns themselves daggers that could be swung to set stuff on fire. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work with any of my tinkering.

5. FoolsPower

FoolsPower Subatomic Cosmonaut

You're probably putting the code in wrong. I know it works as I'v used it myself.

6. Terraziel

Terraziel Astral Cartographer

If you put the status effect in the various stances it seems to work, but you don't seem to have much control over it.