1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Levels of Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Maka, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

I don't think so. They might have a 'creative' mode for the builders.
    Maybe.

2. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

at the beginning of the game or your character creation you could select which difficulty level you'd like
    -easy/average/hard
    (just basic examples^)
    and then after say beating the "end boss?" or doing something super important(like in terraria, beating the WoF turned the game into hard mode with new ores,enemies etc.)

there could be something similar to that in starbound, or something completely different, the planet difficulty level seems fine to me as long as i can tell what the the difficulty is
    it doesn't even have to be super specific like "this planet is a 1" or "this planet is a 86" in terms of difficulty

a simple reading of "easy(1-25)
    average(26-50)
    hard(51-75)
    dangerous(76-98)
    extremely dangerous(99-100)"

that would be fine by me if the danger level just said any one of those words

Ted Gu likes this.
  3. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I just hope that they won't assign certain planet biomes to certain difficulties. It can save devs time though.

4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Yeah, but having to get better gear to go to a certain biome might be fun, instead of just being able to go to any biome if you find it.

5. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Yup, it's true. Well, we will see what are they making on next screenshots :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.