Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Ouch, that was rude. Aren't decorations all pointless? How would adding a clear movie reference be any more pointless?

2. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Because it doesn't really fit into the Starbound universe?
    On the other hand, man-made portals that tap into the Ancients' portal network. Mmmm....

3. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Because i never put such a stargate.

4. Gaikotsu1234

Gaikotsu1234 Orbital Explorer

I sense the beginnings of a new mod forming...

5. Supreme Jerk

Supreme Jerk Space Hobo

Had a few ideas last night, and spent the better part of it acting on a couple of them. When I started, it was about eleven in the evening; when I stopped, it was seven in the morning.

In these constructions, I have used the following mods:
    Frackin' Universe - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729480149
    Tanz Lighting Overhaul - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729467376

First up is a commercialized Hylotl mining vessel. Comes with its own gift shop, atlantean-themed healing springs, and aquarium. There's still more to add here, especially on the relatively bare-bones rear end of the ship, but for the most part the design is as complete as it's going to get.

[​IMG]

The command consoles in the center of the ship enable the captain to turn on and off the power to all wired lights at will, activate the low-power draw dim lights to bask the ship in a cool blue glow, and initiate a 'blue alert' alarm klaxon for when things get serious.

My second creation is a cyclopean labyrinth conjured from the enlightened dreams of a mad Floran. Imposing, archaic Gothic architecture serves as an illusory front for greater evils lurking within the vessel. This one's more of a work in progress - there's still small details I'd like to add in and subtle changes I'd like to make.

So far, I've updated the design by replacing the windows of the garden with complete nothingness. This, coupled with the addition of small patches of bleeding flesh within the foliage, makes the notion that the inside of the ship isn't firmly established in reality more consistent.

Bricks are now missing from the ancient masonry. Whether it's just natural dilapidation due to age or the encroachment of the all-consuming dark is hard to say.

The transition into the 'dark world' at the bottom deck of the vessel has now been given a rougher, less square edge. Now it should look like bricks are being pulled into the abyss instead of legos.

The room in the center of the ship next to the library has been converted into a relatively austere kitchen, furnished only with an ancient clock and the image of unadulterated fear captured onto a portrait.

Finally, the library now has a painting of its own, and a second chandelier. The clocks depicted in the canvas occasionally switch places when no one's looking.

[​IMG]

You may notice that the bricks behind some furniture are a little darker than others. That was intentional: I was toying around with the paint tool early on when I realized that I could use black to simulate shadows and give objects the illusion of having depth. You can see this effect at its most prominent in the private study at the lower right corner of the ship.

The red-eyed dude lurking in the darkness doesn't mean any harm. His name's Phil, and he likes to emerge from the shadows during the weekend for poker night.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    IxFa, sosmic, Blue-E and 7 others like this.
  6. Zetamax

Zetamax Void-Bound Voyager

I only discovered fairly recently that you could remove the background blocks on your ship, since then i have redecorated my Floran's ship in a style that makes him feel at home. It just has the usual sorts of things, a desk for the captain to work at, a workshop area and some bunks plus a kitchen and pantry at the back :p

Floran Ship 11-16.jpg

7. Bird Person

Bird Person Void-Bound Voyager

My new ship: strbndship.png

Clavio, Pohany, TheFloranChef and 5 others like this.
  8. Sprvrn

Sprvrn Title Not Found

Cool. Where's the pilot seat though?

9. Bird Person

Bird Person Void-Bound Voyager

It's in the top left.

10. Meursing

Meursing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tadaaa

20161110000309_1.jpg
    Flying Fortress!

The Squid likes this.
  11. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Recently started playing again so I figured I'd start off with something simple and make a small ship. I'll admit I was going for something like this ..
    . Human.jpg
    But it ended up like this instead.
    20161110134833_1.jpg
    Not that that's a bad thing, I'm pretty happy with it anyway.

12. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

The Avali have way to nice of stuff, its almost not fair. At least its orange.

13. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I gotta say, I've been trying to make a small-crew Avali ship for my Kingdoms Reboot, and that is by far one of the best ships I've ever seen using the Avali style! Do you mind if I copy the original design and modify it?

14. moremuffin

It's fine with me, I don't get too upset with people borrowing my style. More the opposite in that at least I'm not the only one who likes it. :)

Yeah I have to agree, it's why I keep taking bits and pieces from them in spite of the fact that most of my characters are human.

15. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Who else is going to make kawaii human girls, Pohany?

16. moremuffin

Mainly minor changes here and there but it looks more like an actual ship now in my opinion.
    20161115200906_1.jpg
    I almost don't want to "upgrade" it to a larger size, kind of worried I'll break the overall design and end up looking like a flying box.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    ODST 4900, Plasmataz, Pohany and 3 others like this.
  17. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

18. rafaellouy93

rafaellouy93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was bored so I made this......

upload_2016-11-21_14-18-21.png

_BIO_, sosmic, TheFloranChef and 4 others like this.
  19. Megumin

Megumin Guest

20. rafaellouy93

rafaellouy93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder