1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Latexians Latexians Racemod

Latex, Hightech, PG Rated

1. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

As far I see, there ar emany problems especial with the weapons. (I get there personal tons of errors). These errors are no syntax errors , they must be somehow game realted problems.

2. Xentor Antarix

Due the Mod is so buggy and seemingly notmore fixable. I decided to redo it completly from 0. If someone wanna help would be welcome but if not I try it myselfe.
    My skype Id is Xentor. Or Steam xentorantarix (same profilepicture)

3. Xentor Antarix

Information: The recreation of the Mod works well.
    the Basemechanics work again. I will (and did yet in some cases) replace some artworks (for example I made a new Model for the Teleporter, that it fits better to he gamegrafic).
    And I will make with my girlfriend new "Artworks" for the Spaceship, that they too fit better in the style.
    I created some soundeffects for the little guys. Hope I find a way to make Colony NPC`s too. (With own "babble" sound natural.)
    The hardest part will be to make the weapons and armors work again.
    If all runs (real) well. I think I can update this mod to the actual (1.2) Gameversion till sunday. (that all works again) till all the new artworks are replaced, I know not if I make this task till than.

4. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix updated Latexians (Pleased Giraffe) (29.8.2015)) with a new update entry:

Latexian Reboot Version for Starbound 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

I had a crash with your T1 chest armor the log was not being very explanatory with an...

Code:
    [22:31:31.840] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (AssetException) Path '/items/armors/Latexians/LatexiansT1/' cannot be a file

...when the chest armor was put on... I tracked it down to the latexianchestT1.chest file... I just copied your latexianchestT10.chest code into it then replaced the T10 with the T1 info and it worked just fine (probably just a typo somewhere in it)

I went over your other armors and found issues with these two armors as well:
    T2 chest: same crash as T1's
    T3 chest: references T1 sleeves but doesn't have any sleeves in their own file (as well as same crash as T1's armor)
    no other armor parts nor armor Tiers had issues.

also your mod's "nudebody" files interfere with an other race mod's... I'm not exactly sure which (as I tend to use a few) but a simple fix with be either:

a) Remove it and just suggest using one of the excessive amounts of armor hider mods there are.
    (I really hope chucklefish adds it to the main game so moders stop making 50 different ones)

or

b) add a prefix to the name of yours... for example latex_nudebody

6. Xentor Antarix

I will look at it directly.

7. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

To the steam workshop with thee!

8. Xentor Antarix

No. Not till the problem with the raceselection-picture is solved.
    But seems noone wants to help me there. Im at the end of my Ideas what the problem could be :-(

9. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix updated Latexians (Starbound 1.2) with a new update entry:

Bugfix and Clothingadditions

10. Xentor Antarix

Info: the new Protectorate Uniformparts are not in the starterlocker. I have not the skills to edit the Questlocker (Or bette rI dare not).
    But you can tailor them in the favtory now.

11. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

I'm actually willing to help out with that, I'll look into it my self and see what is going wrong with that. I've been a bit busy so it may take a little bit but I'll see if I can't fix the problem.

12. Xentor Antarix

Would be cool, thanks. Is your bug now gone?

13. Xentor Antarix

So I work hard on a new update.
    I found what caused the problem with the racepicture.
    I added many more clothings. (Now 25 civil clothingparts)
    And I made many new "selfmade" hairstyles..
    I fixed the mortability bug with the pet (It dies now notmore).
    And made some changes with the plattform and panel object (It starts now black as origin color)
    Oh and I made all "civil" clothingy dyeable.

Sadly I must say, the new update will require a newstart of you.
    I had to rename the whole race nearly, so the old avatars ar eincombatible. Sorry for.
    The Shippicturechange has been canceled. It looked worer than the one we have now.
    And I try still to learn how to make own Colonists.
    I can upload what I have yet (New Hairs, new clothes, Fix for the Racepicture).
    Or should I wait till I have the colonists done?

14. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

Xentor,

Good to see you figured out the Race picture in the character creator screen, and looking forward to all the changes you have done. I would prefer to try out the current version and then add the colonists in a future update. Will wait for an update when you decide which way to go.

15. Xentor Antarix

Ok, due you are the only one who did write an reply I load it up today (at least one did :) ).

16. Xentor Antarix

Latexians Bugfix & Update

17. rawkinrex

Xentor,

Thanks for uploading the new version. I was looking at the description text for the latexians and noticed it was a copy of the Apex (used as a foundation I assume). I wrote up a new Description using what you wrote on the overview page. I am attaching the description to see if you like it.
    Code:
    "description" : "The Latexians are a created species, made of living latex.  The latexians shape and structure comes from the Vitalcrystal, uncertain if the ones who created them inbued their spirits/essence within the latexians.  Latexians are helpful and curious, and all latexians must journey out into the universe to uncover new knowledge and possibly the truth of their origin."

18. Xentor Antarix

Ok thanks, must have overseen this, sorry. will fix it in the next patch.

19. rawkinrex

no problem

20. Xentor Antarix

Latexians (Colonists & Bugfixes)