1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue "Latency" Lag on singleplayer

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SoundwaveMD, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SoundwaveMD

SoundwaveMD Space Hobo

Hey everyone, I just started playing Starbound this weekend and I'm extremely impressed. However, I'm getting "latency" lag spikes even on single player: occasionally the whole game will freeze, and then a bunch of things will happen at once. This has caused me to fall into lava and hit beams in Challenge Rooms several times and it's quite annoying. Google indicates other people have had this issue as well. The spikes occur about once every two minutes or so.

I am currently running Starbound as an administrator (turned that on a couple days ago) and my specs are the following:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60 GHz
    Mem: 16 GB
    Vid: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Sound: Realtek Digital Audio
    Internet runs at 30 Mb/s with no problems

No problems with any other games. No lag spikes on other online games (but even so, I'm playing SB on singleplayer). Not running anything in the background other than f.lux.

Tl;dr Fast computer with fast internet getting "lag spikes" in singleplayer, pls halp

Attached: My starbound.log

Attached Files:

Leeroyzen likes this.
  2. Leeroyzen

Leeroyzen Tentacle Wrangler

At least you're not alone mate. I have this problem too. Try disabling "Multiplayer with steam friends" in option and see if that help.