WIP Late Night Animals

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Milarky, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Milarky

Milarky Space Hobo

Hi, guys! I just wrote a mod that changes how animals' moods change in the evening. In the stock game, animals lose a bunch of mood if you stay up late in any season but winter, but get really, REALLY happy if you stay up late in winter (and have a heater, of course). With this change, animals don't care at all how late you stay up, so you can get your iridium stuffs all year long. Of course, that means you'll have to keep up on your care during winter more than usual, but I think it's a change for the better.

This is sort of a weird mechanic, so I'm not so sure it should just be removed. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears. All other animal mood mechanics stay exactly the same, so if you leave your critters out at night, in the rain, or without a heater, they'll still get a bit miffed.

I have an issue, though. I can't really publish it as-is, because I had to make some low-level CIL changes to the EXE file, directly. I couldn't figure out a way to make it work with the existing tools. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to distribute this mod?

Thanks!

HopeWasHere likes this.