1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Character/World Wipe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Xeravik, Dec 22, 2013.

1. GLord

GLord Big Damn Hero

So when he says, "The next update will wipe your universe and quests, but not characters" does character extend to what's on my ship and inventory?
    Or is it just everything is wiped but I don't have to remake my character?

Mostly just curious.

Also what Galactic Avatar asked.

2. Niomo

Niomo Astral Cartographer

Should be around Christmas, as one of Tiy's tweets had Christmas items in the picture with his usual "Coming next patch!" statements.

3. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

But lol, isn't it already "right around Christmas"?

4. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

It shall be releaser rightier around christmas.

5. Pigfish

Pigfish Void-Bound Voyager

v. Angry Koala just arrived. There's a hot fix coming soon for the various bugs and issues with it.

6. GewaltSam

GewaltSam Big Damn Hero

Is there a chance all that "meh, character wipe"-threads simply get closed? I will be happy like a motherf* when the last planned wipe will be over; but, guys, really: wipes can happen a year after release when they change something big in universe generation or something. And they wrote EVERYWHERE that this is frigging beta stage one, so wipes - will - happen. I am pretty sure they'll announce when they think they are done with wiping our "work", but until then all the wipe threads are soo annoying...

Sorry, but I am getting really tired of people complaining all the time about beta stuff.

Ponamis and sankto like this.
  7. tre288

tre288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I honestly hope so.

I want character wipes on every necessary update where it's needed, up until release.

What's the point in keeping endgame characters right up to release?

What's the point in keeping characters at all when you need to create a new character/universe in order to even experience the game as it's intended after most updates now..?

The | Suit and Shackram like this.
  8. Manixx

Manixx Big Damn Hero

I think what Tiy was trying to say there was "all going well, this should be the last wipe." You're right, there's no 100% guarantee of no more wipes, but he thinks the new system is much less likely to require one.

9. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

I don't see how that the patch that will include the final wipe (whatever on that will be) will be the mark of Beta Stage 2. I remember seeing Stage 2 as being "mostly feature complete." As far as I know, there are a lot of features yet to be implemented. (anyone remember the fossil mechanic?)

10. Zahlfire

Zahlfire Big Damn Hero