Landing Zones

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by LtBlujay, May 6, 2017.

?

Do you like the idea of landing zones?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. This would be very hard to program.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but only if... (Leave a suggestion in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LtBlujay

LtBlujay Void-Bound Voyager

I've always been confused about how a large forest planet survives without any oceans. So for the sake of logic, I thought up this little idea.

So this is basically what the title says. You can land on multiple spots on a planet. Not only would this allow for multiple biomes on a planet (such as having one landing zone that is a forest, while another is an ocean), but it would mean you could get more use out of one planet.

Now, if you had a planet with one forest landing zone and another ocean landing zone, one would count as the main biome of the planet. That way, you couldn't have a planet with titanium in the starting system, but you could still find an ocean biome.

Depending on the planet size, the landing zones would be larger/smaller and more or less plentiful. Maybe at minimum, a planet could have one landing zone, and at max have four.

Anyways, with the next update being themed around space and planets and stuff, I figured this was a good time to post this idea.

2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

yeap that would be cool so we can go fishing in all planet not just ocean ones..