1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lamia Race Mod 0.9.2

Snakes on a Spaceship

1. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

Mod should now be live on steam, go check it out if you feel so inclined.

corn flake chicken confirmed for ship pet
    For real tho because of the way ship pets are chosen I bet I could have that as a 1 in 13 chance easter egg

2. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Don't be that hard on yourself, the pet is neat, adds some kind of humor to it as well... at leas I found the walking animation funny ( don't get me wrong, seems well-made). Maybe make it interact with the crew by pecking and running at them? Now that would be gold :D

3. Antyrus

introducing the cockatrice MK-II:
    bigatrice2.gif
    Walk cycle is wings-down, run cycle is wings-up.
    I'm almost content with how it looks, so I'll probably touch up some details and leave it as is for now.
    Also, I'm planning on introducing a new crafting table in the future, working title "the legs-ecutioner", that allows you to turn vanilla pants into lamia-fitted versions. Over time I'll add batches of fitted pants to said crafting table.

baconsama25 likes this.
  4. jajoe98

jajoe98 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

looking forward to them snek torsos/heads!

5. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

But do they have a petrifying head tech?! The world wants to know, tonight on SBNC!

6. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could be tech, could be an appropriate weapon with the desired character animation, made invisible.

7. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

I liked the Cockatrice design, but I wanted to do somethin' that'll make it look a bit more dinosaur-esque, introducing more of the feathery aspects of dinosaurs. Used some of the colors from Metadept's spriting guide, and changed around some parts of it's body. Slapped on some bright colors to make it more bird-like, etc etc. THE RESULTS:

[​IMG]

If you want, you're free to use the design; I'll even make the sprites for you too!

8. Antyrus

Those sprites were lookin' pretty sweet, so I went ahead and made some edits to your edits of my edits:
    raptoreditL.png
    That lowly overgrown chicken I first made has come a long way, I'm REALLY loving what came out of your changes.

I would super SUPER appreciate that. Assuming you're still interested and I didn't misinterpret what you were offering: since these sprites don't quite fit the standard 32x32 pet mold, here's a properly fitted sheet, as well as the sprite sheet I had before you did your edits(just in case you want them for whatever reason):

raptorbase.png cockatricebase.png

Also, I've recently learned that the frames used for pet animations are pretty flexible, so you can make the animations shorter/longer if you need to.
    I can handle full sheet color palettes, so you don't need to worry about that if you don't want to.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  9. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

I'll definitely go with it, but it'll be a while before I can start; got some tests and whatnot to take care of soon. But I'll definitely work on it!

10. Antyrus

Alrighty guys let's take a look at the current changelog:

-Added separate optional full scale patch
    -Add separate race: naga_racial
    -Replace current sprites: naga_replace
    -Added some new clothing items
    -Shesha Head(single head for the shesha set)
    -Veiled Chest
    -Lamia Visor
    -Emperor's New Cape(blank cape)
    -Winged Chest
    -Attempted to balance weapons
    -Added new ship pet(cockatrice mkII)
    -Removed some unneeded .frame files
    -Added WIP crafting table, the Legsterminator

Currently on my immediate todo list:
    -Figure out how to properly make dungeons(villages)
    -Add more furniture to properly furnish said villages
    -Get a proper racial theme hammered out
    -More clothes/weapons

No ETA on the update, I'm afraid; It depends on what I find myself doing/how motivated I am over the next month

11. baconsama25

Does the mod overwrites the tenants script? I'm having issues with colony tweaks and I'm wondering if this mod could be the cause of it.

12. Antyrus

The only script I've touched is recruitable.lua, and that's solely so lamia recruits don't wear pants by default. Is this something you're working on, or is there a mod you can point me to for testing?

13. baconsama25

It's the colony tweaks mod that isn't working properly, so I'm trying to track down the mod responsible for it ( and in advance not using another rent/tenant mod while CT is active ).

Quoting the author (Bacon):
    "This mod literally patches every single tenant in the game to use a different loot pool, and replaces the main script for every tenant NPC with a different one that has modifications related to the mod. I have never once ever encountered a situation during testing (with 40 some mods installed the entire time) where my mod was not causing tenants to drop the correct loot UNLESS the mod was not loaded correctly in the first place. All of the other scenarios in which this was happening were fixed during development, and they were all related to parts of the world not being loaded and thus not being accounted for. "

From what you said, I don't think that's your mod causing the issue. Thanks for helping!

14. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, I made a simple "alteration" (Read: Copying and pasting the assets) to the Lamia in order for it to work with the aesthetics of the "Cutebound" mod, do you mind if I post it anywhere? Full credit will be given to all authors involved.

15. Antyrus

Sure, go ahead.

Never likes this.
  16. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks! I'm going to wait for Barbariank's response before I post anything, though.

17. Antyrus

Antyrus updated Lamia Race Mod with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

0.9.1 is causing client startup issues. It doesn't get past the fish. Restored previous version and everything works just fine.

19. Antyrus

I just now test downloaded and installed 0.9.1, and it worked fine for me. Post your log file so we can see what went wrong.

20. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

How do I get to that?