1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Lag when hovering over items and crash on sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by laurennicole, Apr 26, 2017.

1. laurennicole

laurennicole Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I hope someone can help me.
    Since updating to 1.2 I've had some issues with my game. When playing, my game lags when hovering over items. I can deal with it but it's incredibly annoying. Furthermore, I'm crashing when sleeping. Not every night, I haven't figured out if there is a pattern yet. I am currently playing in Summer and have a fair amount of mods but my computer handled this fine before the update and I haven't got any mods that conflict (that I know of). I know a SDV day is only a short amount of irl time but I've been making a lot of progress lately and it's really annoying to re-do everything when I crash.

[18:01:22 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GraphicsEvents.OnPostRenderEvent event:
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
    at UiModSuite.UiMods.ItemRolloverInformation.drawHoverText(SpriteBatch b, String text, SpriteFont font, Int32 xOffset, Int32 yOffset, Int32 moneyAmountToDisplayAtBottom, String boldTitleText, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, String[] buffIconsToDisplay, Item hoveredItem, Int32 currencySymbol, Int32 extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, Int32 overrideX, Int32 overrideY, Single alpha, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients)
    at UiModSuite.UiMods.ItemRolloverInformation.drawToolTip(SpriteBatch b, String hoverText, String hoverTitle, Item hoveredItem, Boolean heldItem, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, Int32 currencySymbol, Int32 extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients, Int32 moneyAmountToShowAtBottom)
    at UiModSuite.UiMods.ItemRolloverInformation.drawAdvancedToolip(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at UiModSuite.UiMods.ItemRolloverInformation.drawAdvancedToolipForMenu(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

Thank you in advance :)

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Try playing without the 'UiModSuite'; that might fix the lag & possibly crash. But, test it out; if it crashes again without the mod; we can narrow it down further.

• laurennicole

I will try but also game has been telling me I can update my UiModSuite. Could that be the problem?

• MysticTempest

Possibly, the error log snippet doesn't show which version that mod is at. But, I checked out the Nexus page for it; and the last update was a couple weeks ago. There's been some big changes since then. So, if you want to try upgrading first; you can.
          See how that goes; then try without the mod.

But, yea the error log you posted is referencing that mod; and seems to be having issues with drawing its overlays.

• laurennicole

I've looked into the mod further, it seems the version I am using at the moment for SMAPI 1.10 is a beta version and other people are experiencing the same issue. I guess I'll remove the mod for now and just wait for it to be updated. Thank you for your help!

• laurennicole

Returning to this issue... I removed UiModSuite from my files and this completely removed my lag. However, I still crashed on my 2nd day when trying to sleep. This is the crash log...
              [20:09:57 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
              System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
              at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
              at StardewValley.Farmer.isDivorced()
              at SB_PotC.ModEntry.ModUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

I can't really understand code that well, I think it may be something to do with my Part of the Community Mod (PotC)? Can you confirm and advise? Should I just remove the mod and test again? TIA :)

• MysticTempest

Yea, you're correct it seems to referencing the Part of the Community mod.

Checking Nexus; it looks it was just updated today: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...com/stardewvalley/ajax/modfiles/?id=923&pUp=1

Try updating if you haven't already. If that doesn't work; then yea remove that mod, and test some more.