1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Kobold Adventure: An Interactive Journey

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Well hello there.

ka001.png
    You are a Kobold, born and raised by other Kobolds in the quaint town of Zazkthel. It's a nice town with only a few major spider problems a year and probably isn't haunted by the countless lost souls of deceased Dwarven-folk.

Anyways, today is a special day in Zazkthel, because today is your twelfth birthday--the official year you become a full-fledged adult in Kobold society. No longer will your life consist of meaningless and inconsequential fooling around--from here on out, everything you do will matter.

Not only that, but you plan to not just matter, but really matter--you're gonna be somebody, do something important, or your name isn't--isn't--

What was your name again?

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Leopold!

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  3. Vurrunna

ka002.png
    Right! Leopold! You totally did not forget your own name, which is Leopold.

In all honesty, it's not the most Kobold-like of names, which has often led to trouble with the other Kobolds, but it's your name and you've stuck to it.

Speaking of other Kobolds...
    ka003.png
    There's been a surprisingly high turnout to your party, considering almost everyone in town probably hates you. It's probably only because of the free beer, but it's nice to imagine that they're here because they actually like you. Which they probably don't.

ka004.png
    Aaand he's unconscious.

It might be a good idea to try speaking to a couple people before everybody else passes out.

4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Take the passed out kobolds mug! It may prove useful later!

5. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

the green ones! why does everyone hate leopold again?

Arra likes this.
  6. Vurrunna

ka005.png
    It smells like sadness...

ka006.png
    Oh, they mostly just don't appreciate how you have a tendency to accidentally start fires, collapse buildings, and let goblin hordes into the town. It's really not your fault, but that doesn't really matter to most Kobolds in town.

You approach the town twins, Pik and Kip.

ka007.png
    ... Or Kip and Pik. It's hard to tell, and their insistence on matching outfits only makes it harder.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Leo!"
    "That you are, little Leo!"
    "Enjoying the party, little Leo?"
    "Not planning to burn it down, are you little Leo?"
    "Haven't invited your goblin friends, right, little Leo?"
    "That would be bad, wouldn't it, little Leo?"

You've never been able to tell if they're jerks or just plain creepy.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

( Can I go again? :rofl: )

8. Vurrunna

(Of course! There's no limit on how often you can suggest things--you can even suggest a few things at once, if you like.)

Arra likes this.
  9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Well then.

Make both of them inhale the smell of the Chalice of Sadness. Also mark them so you can know which is which!

10. Vurrunna

ka008.png
    "So, uh... Pik, you should smell this tankard I got from that drunk guy over there. It smells, uh, pretty sad. And stuff." You've never been good with words.

"Well yes it does smell sad, little Leo."
    "Sad like you, little Leo!"

ka009.png
    "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

ka010.png
    "Kip is kidding, little Leo."
    "It was a jest, little Leo."
    "Happy birthday, little Leo."
    "Happy indeed, little Leo."
    "Enjoy it while you can, little Leo."
    "You're only young once, little Leo."
    "And now you're old, little Leo."
    "Old indeed, little Leo."

Well... You're only a little bit crushed from that joke, and it was certainly nice of them to wish you a happy birthday. You feel like you could keep talking with Pik and Kip (you think you got it--Kip is left handed), but now would be a good time to talk with the other party-goers if you wanted.

What do you wanna do?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

(( I CANT BREATH IM LAUGHING TO MUCH! ))

Vurrunna likes this.
  12. Arra

Arra The End of Time

(( Well laughsma attack aside. ))

Go over to the Barmaiden! See if she is one of your friends although she is most likely not

13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Oh? look what I found. :nurunega:

Arra likes this.
  14. Vurrunna

You approach the barmaiden, and step into earshot of the grizzled adventurer's story.

ka011.png
    "Now, I'd told Jerraph that we shoulda brought some extra blankets, but he was too busy packin' 'is sticks in that pack t'listen. Long story short, we weren't welcome back 'round those parts, partially 'cause we'd committed quite a deal o' "Disorderly Conduct around Children""."

"Sir, the drinks are free, you don't have to buy each one with a lengthy and irrelevant story. And if they weren't free, you'd still have to pay."

"Whatev'r ye say, lass... Well, me mug's on low. Did I tell ye 'bout the time I chased a pack o' dire sheep into a lake?"

Now would probably be a good chance to interject.

15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Yell out " OBEJECTION!" In the Latyon Wright way!

16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Tell her the twins need to top off so she has an excuse to leave.

Arra likes this.
  17. Vurrunna

ka012.png
    "OBJECTION!!"

ka013.png
    They both turn toward you.

ka014.png
    Crap. You hadn't thought this far ahead.

ka015.png
    "S-so, um-uh, the twins, they need some more of the drinking stuff in their beer mugs, I think, please..."

ka016.png
    The barmaiden stares at you.

ka017.png
    "... Okay."

Well that could have gone much worse.

ka018.png
    The barmaiden leaves to go give the twins some more beer, leaving you with the adventurer who now seems to me mildly amused by you. You'd normally think the barmaiden has something against you, like the rest of town, but you're pretty sure she's just mad that Mother Adira coerced her to give out the free drinks. Anywho, the adventurer keeps staring at you and you're getting uncomfortable. Better say something.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  18. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Ask him why he choose to be an adventurer. You've heard it's pretty dangerous.

Arra likes this.
  19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ask him why he has a dent in his head!

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Ask him where his other eye went!