1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Kira's box of Lame Misc Cat Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mythril-Jelly, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Purrfect!
    As for critique, the only thing I have to say is the hands and feet are understandably a little wonky, and a more expanded biography would be nice, but apart from those it looks great!

Mythril-Jelly and Lodish like this.
  2. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, thanks! I've got a lot to work on, but yeah anatomy is the big one. It probably wouldn't hurt me to have a few references of hands on standby 'till I get that worked out~

Also, I drew something again tonight. Fanart of a huge childhood inspiration!

[​IMG]

3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Your usage of colors and highlights are quite good. The red draws quite a bit of attention to the eyes, whig generally helps to bring about the focus of the face. :up:

4. Mythril-Jelly

Oh hey! Been busy a little bit, trying to get into an art college. I'm still drawing though, so I just wanted to say I didn't get abducted by aliens or whatever!~

Only one finished drawing for now, but that matter will hopefully be amended in time!

Some really ancient characters I styled after Megaman X! The shield has thrusters, allowing it to be used as a hoverboard or reckless jetpack!
    [​IMG]

LOL BALL, Hidari and Lodish like this.
  5. Mythril-Jelly

Nearly a month since I updated this, whoops.. Trying to get into art college right now so I'd been a little busy ironically.

I did finish one though, at least!

[​IMG]

I'm hoping if I get in I'll make some major improvements, I'd love to be an inspiration someday! Not any time soon, but you know!

6. Mythril-Jelly

More lame misc cat art! Scanner was malfunctioning for quite some time, but that has been sorted out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some sketches I have no plans to finish, so piled them up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not too much longer until I go off to art college in Canada. I guess that means I may be drawing more, but less personal stuff like this? Who knows.

7. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

Great art, as always!

8. Mythril-Jelly

Finished some practice sketches recently, but kind of like how they look coloured.

A helmet concept for Miro (The lizard dude for my comic)
    [​IMG]

And I drew my Grounded Avian, Dr. Ravenclaw.
    [​IMG]

Mega flapper and Lodish like this.