1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Kira's box of Lame Misc Cat Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mythril-Jelly, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Happy 20th! :party:

I love how you draw the ears. ^^

Mythril-Jelly likes this.
  2. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, yesterday was my BFF's birthday and I really wanted to make a really nice surprise ya know?

[​IMG]

And also a little sketch from the middle of the night, a mech concept with a nice hat.

[​IMG]

3. Mythril-Jelly

So like, I stayed up all night thinking about adorable servals and wanting to make noodles but not doing it.

So I drew servals! Well, a serval.

They're such cute babies and I want to hug them, oh my gosh.
    [​IMG]

Jareix Cryvix, Lodish and Hidari like this.
  4. Mythril-Jelly

Old "fabulous" character, Marcus. Haven't drawn the dude since what, middle school? Oh well!

I busted my computer again, but I have to have something to do in the meantime! Terraformer hype and whatnot~

[​IMG]

Jareix Cryvix, Hidari and Lodish like this.
  5. Mythril-Jelly

So it's another year or something? Maaaaybe it won't suck as much! I doubt that though.

I've sort of been on "art block" and not in the mood to draw much, but I fixed my old laminator and decided to get back into making badges.
    Sooo here's the "example badge" with Namira.

[​IMG]

(I'd post a picture of the actual laminated and finished one but guess who fried her phone and camera too? Ninja skills.)

Hidari, Jareix Cryvix and Lodish like this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Good art. 'Nuff said.

Lodish likes this.
  7. Mythril-Jelly

Thanks! I'm certainly trying, though I still have a fair bit I need to improve on. Just gotta keep at it I suppose.

Hidari and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  8. Jareix Cryvix

Of course! If you didn't see that, you'd likely be on deviant art locking yourself in an echo chamber of complements and no criticism, and your art would look as good as it did in middle school... :p

9. Mythril-Jelly

I'm in a lame mood, so I drew another lame badge for my lame self. But I still draw and stuff!

[​IMG]

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I don't think the word lame is appropriate for this :v
    And these colour gradients are lovely :catsparkle:

Mythril-Jelly likes this.
  11. Mythril-Jelly

So I drew some silly reminder in MS paint and ended up going crazy with editing and ended up with concept art. So I suppose I drew something digital again?

[​IMG]

Was just supposed to be a little helmet doodle to remind me of a character idea.

12. Mythril-Jelly

I think I'm getting back on track a bit in terms of art, so here's two (actually three now) rough sketches I did tonight of concepts for the comic. Maybe I'll colour one if I'm up to it.

Roxxie in a scrapyard of a place nicknamed the "Concrete Jungle" a former human capital city now covered in massive vines, foliage, and wreckage. This one is calmer since it's on the outskirts rather than between the buildings. (But I should still put some in the distance)
    [​IMG]

And a concept of Dr Lyra, a scientist who is not to be trusted around laser and plasma weaponry. Or any sort of electricity for that matter.

[​IMG]

Edit, third sketch, too unimportant for another post. A SGI scientist preforming diagnostics on a large security drone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  13. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When you have a comic you can post but don't post it because you are meh about it despite what people. Then others start working on comics and you feel conflicted:
    upload_2017-3-13_14-13-11.png

Apathy Applied and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. Mythril-Jelly

Throwing in more stuff... Here's that updated reference sheet I was supposed to do last year, procrastinated into this year, and still made plenty of errors on?
    Well, it turned out alright I suppose. Hoping my art style is going in the right direction.

If you have any pointers I'd still appreciate the time. (Aside from pen errors like on the hand, or me messing up the belt. Or my shameful handwriting. I'm aware of those.)

[​IMG]

Lodish and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  15. Jareix Cryvix

Mind posting it in an attachment? I can't view it while at school.

16. Jareix Cryvix

17. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the nope rope.

18. Mythril-Jelly

I edited the post. Sorry about that! Should work for you now though. :catface:

I was thinking you meant the spoiler tags broke it. 'Should be all clear!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  19. Jareix Cryvix

Well, the problem is that you're still using image attatchment (the thing)
    What I mean is [attachment] instead, which essentially just uses the file itself uploaded straight from your hard drive.

If you click "more options" while in the edit post window, and scroll down, there should be a button to upload attachment.
    Sorry if I'm being bit picky, I just would like to see the artwork.

20. Mythril-Jelly

Edited again, I think I did it right this time. I can be a little off at times so I appreciate the patience!~

Jareix Cryvix and Lodish like this.