1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Keybinding request!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by octopus-pancake, Jan 18, 2017.

1. octopus-pancake

octopus-pancake Subatomic Cosmonaut

One thing I find utterly annoying is the fact that whatever mouse button you hit, right or left, corresponds with the weapon/item you have in your hand. I would love to see the ability to switch the keybindings around a bit like allow me to bind the left hand button to right hand item, say a 1h sword in your right hand, and right mouse button to the left hand, example a one hand shield in your left hand. I find it VERY annoying when I am using a 1h sword in my right hand and a shield in my left, and I have to click the right mouse button to use the sword and left to use the shield etc... I'm so used to playing games like Skyrim that I find it very confusing. Plus I'm not a person that likes using a left hand sword, I'm very right handed and its just ackward to look at :zzz:. I'm very particular about how my character looks and I've always hated how games mirror the image to save on animations. These guys have done above and beyond as far as that goes. But like I said, I would love to be able to bind, for combat only mind you, the way I described above.

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

uh, why not just put the sword in the other hand then?

3. octopus-pancake

octopus-pancake Subatomic Cosmonaut

Because I don't like having a sword in my left hand... I'm picky like that.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Last time I checked, you can just go into options to change any of the key bindings.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Dude, ya just have to put the sword in the R side of the bar, y'know