RELEASED Kevin v0.1 (New NPC)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Galebourn, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I guess it's time to unleash the Kevin.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Kevin is NOT a replacement mod but a completely new NPC. Therefore, the mod is in a really early stage and there will be bugs.
    He's a chubby, somewhat strange anime-nerd with good intentions. Every tuesday, he will share his Gumdrops with you. Every saturday, he gifts you either a snail, a geode or a Miner's Treat. On his birthday, he might even gift you something special (at least according to him).

The reason why I made this NPC is because I want him to be somewhat of a trader. You gift him something he likes and he gifts you a unique item back. Right now, the only new items are his Gumdrops and the birthday gift, but I want to add more stuff, even seeds.

Bugs and problems:
    The biggest problem is that I can't find a way to make him accept gifts, even though I added all values. I think it's because I can't bring him to say his Introduction Message, instead, he just puts out the regular daily text. Let's just hope that I'll find a way to fix that in the future.

Installation:
    Extract the archive in your Stardew Valley folder and overwrite all files in /Content. Make sure to back up files you still need.
    This mod replaces the following files:
    Data/NPCDispositions.xnb
    Data/NPCGiftTastes.xnb
    Data/ObjectInformation.xnb
    Maps/springobjects.xnb
    Right now Kevin isn't compatible with mods that overwrite the same files.

After you extracted all files, open your savegame file
    Here, you have to search for the entry </GameLocation><GameLocation xsi:type="Town">
    Replace the entry <character /> right behind it with the following text:

Code:
    <characters><NPC><name>Kevin</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>true</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>640</X><Y>832</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>20</CurrentEmote><defaultMap>Town</defaultMap><loveInterest>null</loveInterest><birthday_Season>summer</birthday_Season><age>16</age><manners>2</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>1</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>30</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>27</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>false</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>2</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultMap>Town</DefaultMap><DefaultPosition><X>6784</X><Y>3776</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer></NPC></characters>

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

Mega

Mediafire

That's it. So don't make Kevin sad and check out this mod!
    [​IMG]

• radynaraya

radynaraya Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is great addition! I'd love to make my own characters too

• castiel65

castiel65 Tentacle Wrangler

Could you make some kind of a tutorial?

• xzdyahoo

xzdyahoo Orbital Explorer

So what's the known bug?

RaulMarq likes this.
          • MaximumZero

MaximumZero Void-Bound Voyager

Seconding this. I'd love a tutorial.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Aw, he's cute! I like the idea behind this. Good luck getting it working!

This is the only custom/new NPC I've seen. Has anyone else figured out how to do this?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry, I don't know why I haven't been having any luck with search bars or googling. The results just don't come up, even when I know the thread exists and am not being overly-specific. Weird!

Thank you. :)

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Awesome!Thank you!

• Rammii

Rammii Guest

Yeah I Dont Get How To Put Him On My Save...:nod:

• stm.vol

stm.vol Poptop Tamer

Hey, can I pull Kevin into the Refugee NPCs mod?
                      https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3204?tab=posts
                      Its essentially a collection of NPCs that have been created but aren't actively maintained. You wouldn't be giving up future creative rights, it'll just keep the "character" alive by putting him in a scenario where he is a refugee from the war in a temporary hostel. I'll try to keep him as close to the description/conversations you have created but he'll be much simpler in terms of events and such.