just saw the trailer, instantly smitten, possible port?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alphagoku, Jun 14, 2014.

?

would you play this game on concole?

1. Of course!

66.7%
  2. maybe not :/

33.3%
  1. alphagoku

alphagoku Void-Bound Voyager

would it be possible to get a port to the ps4? this looks amazing and im sure plenty of people would love to get their hands on something like this in the console world, it would be amazing

• FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Wanderlust: Rebirth was initially intended for the Xbox 360. After frustrating "chats" with Microsoft, that idea was scrapped and was changed into a computer game. Needless to say, I don't think the devs have any intention of dealing with console companies for ports. However, the game is gamepad compatible so you can get that console feel anyway.

Jonesy likes this.
      • A1Legged

A1Legged Void-Bound Voyager

Its Gamepad compatible, I do not recommend playing Elementalist/Sorc with Gamepad, but if you want to, go for it!. As the controls feel weird and hard to get use too. FreshSheet is right the game feels like a console game with an Xbox controller for 3/4 of the characters.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
        • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

That's one way of putting it. Microsoft was interested in the game but ultimately decided they didn't want to be our publisher. They invited us to find another publisher to put the game on their system but we decided to just make it a PC game.

A1Legged likes this.
          • Varonth

Varonth Aquatic Astronaut

Well, with self publishing now on consoles this might be a thing. GameMaker also has PS3/4/V export once you are a certified Playstation Dev.
            Not that I am interested, I will just buy it on PC :p

• alphagoku

well sony has recently taken to indie developers and helped to get their games on the playstation consoles. have you guys gotten into trying them out? im sure itd be quite an easy way to boost the possible audience

• A1Legged

Do you know that they would have to put money and time into making it compatible for Playstation, Also to have your title on Playstation you have you have to meet their requirements. Thats a lot as with steam anything goes! (besides you can still play with a ps3/ps4 controller if you have the usb cable and software.)

• alphagoku

my thing is that if they were willing to put the effort into the 360, surely this wouldnt be too far fetched, and im almost certain that this would be easier, and could possibly work out much more to the benefit of the developer. plus there have been developers just starting out that got the chance to put their work on consoles with help from sony, surely its at least worth a shot. but an aside from this, you seem to be putting off the idea as if you have tried this, is that the case?

• Leth

We're not writing anything off, but our focus is PC.

Wanderlust Adventures is a massive game; it would take a lot of work to port it to any platform and would likely be challenging to test/debug because we don't have any systems/platforms other than PC. It may be too much for one coder (myself) to handle.

A1Legged likes this.
                    • Avstah

Avstah Void-Bound Voyager

PC is the way to go, every time.

• A1Legged

Not for Fps, I hate fps on keyboard and mouse as it stresses out my hands and key-bindings with to many keys is hard to work with, I love the feel of an Xbox controller when playing fps, you can't be die hard PC fan, you also have to understand most people know how to work a Console vs a Computer, So making the game for a console will allow more people to buy the game but doing it across all will allow for the most amount of sales, Its tough to do what Leth and D2king10, and etc... (Meaning anyone else in this project.) they have to deal with so many negatives so working on refining the core engine of the vs making it barely playable and across all platforms, Mostly its a time crunch they are in. But The game play that has been recorded looks good and being release on PC is great start for this new game coming out, but that just the start. They may have plans to release this on Console after the release of the game. In, Conclusion this game needs the time put into the mechanics rather then re coding it to consoles. Its mostly a matter of time.

Leth likes this.
                        • Avstah

I'll never understand the usage of a controller versus m/kb for an FPS. M/KB allows for greater precision and overall control, and way more keybinds to use (which is why m/kb capability is disabled on all console FPS games, too unfair for the controller users).

Edit: to the OP - you need a direct "no" option.

• Leth

It doesn't matter what input device you use; what matters is that everyone (in a truly competitive environment) is using the same input device. Mouse/Keyboard doesn't give you this 'advantage' you seek on PC, because everyone else also has one.

• Avstah

I would rather everyone be able to use any input device they wish on any platform, equal playing field and preference requirements met for all.

• A1Legged

Anyway We have moved off topic. So lets get back to topic. The Trailer!

• alphagoku

not neseccarily the trailer, but a port to the console lol

Leth likes this.