1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Just bought Starbound on Steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nidelia, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

And when I launch my game there's no multiplayer option, only join. I looked all over the internet for anything similar and found nothing. I'm highly confused.

I'm attaching a picture of my main menu.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Join is for multiplayer. You'll need the ip of a server to join and maybe an account depending on how the server owner is handling that. There are no official servers if you're looking for them.

~ Iris ~

3. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

So then how do I set up a server for it? o_O. My mom and I want to play together. We are connected LAN via an Ethernet cable...

4. Iris Blanche

You can try to start the game normally and enable "connect via ip". Your mom should be able to join by connecting to your LAN ip.

~ Iris ~

5. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

Okay,
    Okay, so once that's enabled does she just choose join after my game is running then?

6. Iris Blanche

Yup. Should work in theory. ^-^ If not let me know and i'll see if we can work out another solution then :)

~ Iris ~

Nidelia likes this.
  7. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

So she enabled it and clicked join, but it's asking the the IP address and port number and such. It's not letting her just connect to my game.

8. Iris Blanche

She has to enter the IP of your PC. Port can be kept empty. If the port is empty it tries to connect on the standard port 21025.

~ Iris ~

9. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

Okay. Where do I find my PC's IP?

10. Iris Blanche

1. Click on the Start menu and type cmd. When you see the cmd applications in Start menu panel, click it or just press enter.
    2. A command line window will open. Type "ipconfig" and press enter.
    3. You'll see a bunch of information, but the line you want to look for is "IPv4 Address." The number across from that text is your local IP address.
    ~ Iris ~

11. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

"This server disallows connections from clients with mismatched Assets".

That's what it told her.

12. Iris Blanche

enable "mismatch assets" in your options. This error occurs when using mods and not allowing mismatched assets. It's recommended both of you use the same set of mods. :)

~ Iris ~

13. Nidelia

Nidelia Yeah, You!

Yay, that worked, thank you very much!!!!! :3

14. Iris Blanche

Closing and marking as resolved.

Have fun with Starbound ^-^

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.